Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with purchased template... featured products showing on top of each other

Hey guys, new to the forum. I've run an oscommerce site for the past few years but it's time for a change.

This is a completely new install of zencart, with a new template that I've purchased and installed.

The issues is on the homepage the featured products being displayed are not showing correctly. They are showing on top of each other. Not 3 in a row like they should. If you click any of menu bar buttons they display correctly.... just not when you click the home button.

The odd thing is on both my laptop and my home computer it displays incorrectly as described above. However, for some reason if I view it on my iphone it's showing correct.

The "Featured Products columns per row" is set to 3.

Example: http://comotorsports.ca/zencart/

This is all obviously just example site, but I want to get this issue figured out before proceeding.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with purchased template... featured products showing on top of each other

Welcome to the Forum.

What you have is a TemplateMonster template and all the problems that come with it. TM is long known for providing templates that do not work properly, which a quick search at this Forum will attest to. You will probably need to hire someone to do some recoding of the template, or recoding of the whole thing, as you will experience many and varied problems that are directly related to the template.

Default Re: Help with purchased template... featured products showing on top of each other

Well that's super great to hear.

I'm confused as to why it would align correct on a smart phone but not on a PC?

Next question, is there someone here who can fix it?

Thanks

Also, please ignore the multiple blocks, menus and what not. I'm just trying to figure it out. It's the center section of the home page that's not displaying correctly.

Plugin Contributions

You need to contact the template seller. It is their problem.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I do agree that you should seek help from TM. They received payment and it is only right that they help rather than others here who would be donating time. Not to mention unfamiliar with the template.

However, although I'm sure TM templates have many of the problems people here warn about, my experience with two TM templates has been favorable.

The ManStore template - I think Template 12541 - was very favorable. I might be using it now if it were truly free, rather than free to test. Don't know I like any template enough yet to buy. And the one we did recently buy and are using on a lesser site here:
    http://www.findmyquinceaneradress.com/

Both work with the standard zencart mods: IH3, Lightbox, Footer Menu, etc. And ours comes where we can have a model in a dress in the background to left side; how much one sees depends upon monitor. We're looking for right background pic.

But your template looks to have the same "problem" I didn't like on our TM template above. No Login in the header area; it's in the footer. Although a customer can probably add to cart, checkout and go through the process, if they returned to check order on site would they know where to login? Would have to look around to find it in footer.

So I built our Log In tabs, each necessary as I went through the process. Once logged in, nothing to show My Account or even Log Out, unless looked in footer. I'm sure this could be made into the header as in standard zencart, but I went for ezpages for now.

I also think you template too dark and hard to read in places.

We're now moving to AppleZen for most of our sites, for various reasons. And most of us didn't think that our TM template looks as good "in person" as on the demo.

SPH
    www.prommart.com
    Last edited by SPH; 4 Aug 2011 at 11:56 PM.

Thanks, not being rude at all, but I'm looking for a solution to fix this theme, not opinions of it. The login button issue is a fairly simple fix... there's other buttons I can change to be the login button.

Anyone on here who can fix this? I'm not looking for someone to donate their time, they will be reimbursed for their efforts.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Yes, the Featured Products look mis-aligned on my desktop.

Cannot offer a fix, sorry.

Is TM not willing to help fix?

I'm working on that... but I suspect to get no where.

Plugin Contributions

Zenners here aren't really giving you a hard time about choosing TM. The point is that you paid Template Monster for your template. If it doesn't work right, you really need to ask them why.

Kind of like if I buy custom wheels for my Ford Focus, and they aren't right, I would contact the wheel manufacturer or seller, not Ford.

That said, I've looked at your site using Web Developer, and I can't see what TM has messed up to make your Featured Products look like that, and nothing I've tried has fixed it. That's pretty unusual - I can often figure out their mistakes, so they've done something really bad this time, or you have made changes in the stylesheet or other files that affect that element.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast