Plugin Contributions

Default Which Template Files Control Which Pages?

Hey,

Specifically I am looking for the template files that effect the product listing page; however, is there a place that tells which template files control which pages within Zen Cart? I searched for it but couldn't find it.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Which Template Files Control Which Pages?

There isn't anywhere that I know with this information. But it sound like you should start with tpl_modules_product_listing.php.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I don't think that's where what I'm trying to edit is. What I'm trying to do is to move the title of the product underneath the image. Right now the image is below the title. You can see what I'm talking about here:

http://www.spinultimate.com/spin/sho...ort=20a&page=1

Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

You want your_template/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php -- I think. Copy it from the template_default/templates folder to your template folder to modify it.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    You want your_template/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php -- I think. Copy it from the template_default/templates folder to your template folder to modify it.

Rob
    Thanks for trying to help me out. Unfortunately that is not the page that I'm looking for as that is the product info page where you can edit the single product layout for each individual product. I'm looking for where I can edit a page like: http://www.spinultimate.com/spin/sho...index&cPath=68

So that I can take the product title which is above the image at this moment and make it so that product image is on top then the product title then the price. And I want it like that for every product being shown on the product listing page. NOT the product info page. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

All I can advise at this point is to follow the php trail through the files. One thing that may help... Zen Cart uses a different list style for different lists. There is a mod which "corrects" that so that all such lists are the same. It's called Single Listing Template. Even if you don't want to use it, looking at the files it mods to make this work should help lead you to the file you're looking for.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    All I can advise at this point is to follow the php trail through the files. One thing that may help... Zen Cart uses a different list style for different lists. There is a mod which "corrects" that so that all such lists are the same. It's called Single Listing Template. Even if you don't want to use it, looking at the files it mods to make this work should help lead you to the file you're looking for.

Rob
    How would I begin such a search on a php trail? Does no one know the tpl that edits the product listing layouts?

Plugin Contributions

For the most part (the index pages are "different"), if the url for a Zen Cart page is yourshop.com/index.php?main_page=something then the main customization for that page happens in two places:

1) /includes/modules/pages/something/header_php.php
    2) /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_something_default.php

The "index" pages are a bit different:

1) /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_index_default.php controls the look of the main/home page
    2) /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_index_categories.php controls the look of a categories' listing page (the page you've asked about).
    3) /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_index_prod_list.php controls the look of a category-specific product listing page.

Plugin Contributions

Or look at the code and find the name of the divs, then enter them into the admin/tools/developers toolkit to find that phrase in any of the files - this might show you where they are.