Plugin Contributions

Default Set default payment

We have version 1.3.9a.

We have two payment options: Credit card and Paypal. I'd like to make one of them the default (the checkout page opens with the radio button for one already selected).

Any ideas how? I don't see anything in the admin end that will let me do this.

I've also tried searching the module files for the code that creates this particular line, but I can't find an obvious radio button.

Thanks,

John

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Set default payment

Under your shipping modules admin --> Payments --> Payment Method click the payment method you are wanting to make default and click the edit button.

Once opened scroll down until you see Set Completed Order Status and make that payment method the default payment method. Recommendation is to make one payment default and set the rest to processing, pending or whatever you desire to use. The default would be the default payment method automatically on the payment page.

If you are referring to sorting where one payment displays first on the payment page you would want to set the Sort Order under the payment methods for best memory sort the orders using such as 1000, 1010, 1020 to sort your payments for displaying on the payment page

For example:

Credit Card Sort Order would be 1000
    Money Order would be 1010 and so on.

With those settings the credit card would be the first one displayed on the payment page.

NOTE: Custom Order Status can be created under Localization --> Order Status if you want to make some of your own rather then using the default status already inserted for you.

Hope that helps.
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by knuckle-101 View Post
    Under your shipping modules admin --> Payments --> Payment Method click the payment method you are wanting to make default and click the edit button.

Once opened scroll down until you see Set Completed Order Status and make that payment method the default payment method.
    With respect, that information is incorrect.

a) there's no built-in way to set a default "pre-selected" payment choice
    It's intentionally NOT pre-selected so that customers MUST make THEIR OWN choice of how they wish to pay, not be forced into something they aren't even considering.

One benefit of using a payment module that accepts credit cards directly on your own site, instead of some offsite service, is that as soon as the customer clicks in the credit card number field to enter their numbers, the radio-button will be automatically checked beside that payment module, since they've clearly shown that they wish to use that method for payment.
    Can't do that for offsite modules ... they must make their selection manually instead, to indicate their intent.

b) the "default" referred to by knuckle-101 is the Order Status default, not the payment-method default.
    So, that refers to whichever order-status is set as the Default order-status, which is what status is assigned to the order once the payment module completes whatever steps it's designed to do when collecting payment for the order. How order-status settings work is another topic altogether.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

jgold723 wants what I want ... >> (the checkout page opens with the radio button for one already selected)
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Client really needs this. Any solution please..
    I have updated the latest DirectBank module,
    Interestingly if I:

1. Uninstall all active payments modules
    2. Install CreditCard as first install
    3. Install Direct Bank as second module

Client wants Credit card as first pre selected option NOT direct Bank.
    "not be forced into something they aren't even considering" this would will never happen ... nobady is paying without their concent and card details.

It works until if I login again it defaults to DirectBank as the first selected option..WHY!!

See screen captures. I have even changed sorti orderingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	cc default payment.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	18655Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cc default payment-1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	18656
    Last edited by oavs; 20 Sep 2019 at 05:13 AM.
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oavs View Post
    Client really needs this. Any solution please..
    I have updated the latest DirectBank module,
    Interestingly if I:

1. Uninstall all active payments modules
    2. Install CreditCard as first install
    3. Install Direct Bank as second module

Client wants Credit card as first pre selected option NOT direct Bank.
    "not be forced into something they aren't even considering" this would will never happen ... nobady is paying without their concent and card details.

It works until if I login again it defaults to DirectBank as the first selected option..WHY!!

See screen captures. I have even changed sorti orderingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	cc default payment.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	18655Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cc default payment-1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	18656
    Need to explain what has been done based on how the payment modules are designed to operate and what has been done/modified.

The sort order appears (picture is fuzzy) to indicate that one of the payment modules has a 0 sort order while the other has a positive number. First, if applying a sort order than all should be non-zero.

Second, it appears from the above message that something has been changed to try to apply a default selection. As noted by DrByte some 8 years ago, there is no default option selected. What if there were two options available on the site to enter credit card information on site, wouldn't default selecting show some sort of favoratism? The way it is designed is that selection of the method where the customer begins working with the payment module.

Anyways, if have applied some sort of pre-selection, then it needs to also account for returning back to the payment screen "remembering" what option was previously selected and not just randomly reselect what is desired by the store owner to be a default.

Further to all of this, how has one arrived at the payment method selection without already being logged in? The above description of a problem doesn't make sense to select a payment method and then login and come back to a payment method.

More information about changes applied is needed...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

"The sort order appears (picture is fuzzy) to indicate that one of the payment modules has a 0 sort order while the other has a positive number. First, if applying a sort order than all should be non-zero."

Credit Card sort order is 10
    Direct Bank is 100

That's the only two is active.

As for the rest of the quiries it might be easirer to see if you select an item to go to check out at http://premiersalon.com.au/

================
    "Second, it appears from the above message that something has been changed to try to apply a default selection. As noted by DrByte some 8 years ago, there is no default option selected. What if there were two options available on the site to enter credit card information on site, wouldn't default selecting show some sort of favoratism? The way it is designed is that selection of the method where the customer begins working with the payment module."

This is an opinion or your choice or your point of view. Client wants every time customer goes to the check out Credit Card option is slected and NOT the Direct Bank pre selected. This has nothing to to with sorting.

And in the case of having two credit card options, then one will be "default" (pre selected as on my site) and system will remember it.

As far as why my site is preselecting "Direct Banking" , I can't answe that. I have deleted/removed the module Direct Banking" then re downloaded from Zencart" and re installed. Result is as you see now. I understand what you and DrByte saying that none of the choices should be pre selected when customer first arrives to check out page but unfortunately not sure how to un do this. Only happens with DirectBank module.
    Downunder QLD