Plugin Contributions

Default Product Listing General Questions

Sorry if these are totally noob...

I'd like to make the Product List identical whether viewing All products or a Category Listing.

1. I see various Admin options for 'All' but where is the configuration for a -Category- listing?

2. What are the php files for 'All' vs. 'Category' listing so I can style them the same?

3. There is a 'more info...' href underneath the $ price in the Category listing. How do I get rid of that?

TIA,

---JC

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Listing General Questions

1. http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1531

2. see #1.

3. the 'more info' link shows when you have attributes set up for that product, since customers will need to go to the product info page to select the appropriate attribute.

Plugin Contributions

Schweet!

Re. #3... I really need to get rid of that 'more info' link... it's just not appropriate, even though we -are- using attributes. How do I get rid of it?

THANKS!

---JC

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    1. http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1531

2. see #1.

3. the 'more info' link shows when you have attributes set up for that product, since customers will need to go to the product info page to select the appropriate attribute.

Plugin Contributions

I'd have to see the site, I guess, to understand why taking the customer to the product info page to select an attribute when the product has them isn't 'appropriate'. When were you going to have that selection made, since with a Buy Now button, the product will already be in the cart ?

You can use Admin - Tools - Developers Tool Kit to search for MORE_INFO_TEXT to see a list of files you'll need to edit to remove it.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. The attributes are used to force the user to enter a serial # and some other info that are needed before they are allowed to order the item (auto parts which have unique IDs). They have to click on the item from the Product List in order to add to cart---there is no 'Buy Now' available from the list. So seeing 'More Info' from the list is unnecessary.

I found the <a href>s based on your help and can remove that from the PHP but something tells me I should check one more time here.

No way to get rid of 'More Info' without having a 'Buy Now' button?

Thanks!

---JC

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    I'd have to see the site, I guess, to understand why taking the customer to the product info page to select an attribute when the product has them isn't 'appropriate'. When were you going to have that selection made, since with a Buy Now button, the product will already be in the cart ?

You can use Admin - Tools - Developers Tool Kit to search for MORE_INFO_TEXT to see a list of files you'll need to edit to remove it.