Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Page Registration for 3rd Party Modules

@ Dr.Byte
    Yes, that is what I remembered. Sounds great and thanks again for all the work.
    There is no problem with the method Conor and Kuroi have explained so well. I just wondered if a quick fix was worth it but probably not if we are looking forward to a shiny new architecture.
    Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Is there a manual for using Admin Page Registration somewhere.
    Telling you how to do the settings and what need to be in the filling in. I have been using v1.3.9h and I am still using it on another store, but I am doing a new store in presently using: v1.5.0 and I am loss.

Plugin Contributions

If you use mods that have been upgraded for 1.5 you don't need to use this page at all.

If you use mods that haven't been upgraded, there's an explanation for each field on the page itself, but remember too that the mods that haven't been upgraded probably won't have the same level of security as the 1.5 code to which they're being added.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    If you use mods that have been upgraded for 1.5 you don't need to use this page at all.

If you use mods that haven't been upgraded, there's an explanation for each field on the page itself, but remember too that the mods that haven't been upgraded probably won't have the same level of security as the 1.5 code to which they're being added.
    Which is why some of us need a manual. I want to upgrade the unsupported Event Calendar but have no clue where to even start.

Plugin Contributions

I think what Kuroi is trying to say in his usual lovely way is that it is one thing getting it to work and another getting it to work and making sure that it meets the security standards of Zen 1.5.

Some mods may just work if the sql is adapted.

Some mods may need some work on the code itself to get it to work with 1.5.

Some mods may need major restructuring to work with Zen 1.5.

A few mods may never work with 1.5.

If you are qualified to make the decision as to which scenario you are in then it would be great if you took on the updating of a module. There are a lot out there that need to be done. However, it is usually best / easiest if the author of the mod decides what work needs to be done because they are hopefully most familiar with the code. Of course this is all open source so the community will work together to make things happen but it is not quite as simple as writing a quick manual as the actual code of the module needs to be evaluated.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Niccol

Thanks for the clues. I am sure (to mix a few metaphors) that at the end of the day it will all turn out in the wash!!!

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

I'm like chadderuski I can add it manually to the configuration menu but if I add a sql statement it throws and error. This is the sql statement I'm trying to get it to add. This happen in store admin and phpMyAdmin. Any ideas why. Thank You in advance.

PHP Code:
    # Register the configuration page for Admin Access Control
    INSERT INTO admin_pages (page_key,language_key,main_page,page_params,menu_key,display_on_menu,sort_orderVALUES ('configRewardPoints','BOX_CONFIGURATION_REWARD_POINTS','FILENAME_CONFIGURATION',CONCAT('gID=',@groupid),'configuration','Y',@groupid); 
    This is the error it throws

Error

SQL query:
    INSERT INTO admin_pages( page_key, language_key, main_page, page_params, menu_key, display_on_menu, sort_order )
    VALUES (
    'configRewardPoints', 'BOX_CONFIGURATION_REWARD_POINTS', 'FILENAME_CONFIGURATION', CONCAT( 'gID=', @groupid ) , 'configuration', 'Y', @groupid )
    MySQL said:
    #1048 - Column 'page_params' cannot be null
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

How are you establishing @groupid? It is probably a null or unrecognized by concat.

Rather than try to establish a variable the method I used was to put a SELECT in where you have @groupid. Since the gID and comfiguration_group_id need to match in number, what about something like the following:
    NOTE: this a method I would use to register admin pages in the CONFIGURATION menu.
    INSERT INTO admin_pages (page_key,language_key,main_page,page_params,menu_key,display_on_menu,sort_order )
    VALUES ('configRewardPoints','BOX_CONFIGURATION_REWARD_POINTS','FILENAME_CONFIGURATION' ,'1','configuration','Y', '1');

UPDATE admin_pages SET sort_order = (SELECT configuration_group_id FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_title = 'Reward Points') WHERE page_key = 'configRewardPoints';
    UPDATE admin_pages SET page_params = CONCAT('gID=',(SELECT configuration_group_id FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_title = 'Reward Points')) WHERE page_key = 'configRewardPoints';
    The original INSERT gets the basic info into the table. I tried using SET @agrouid:=id but couldn't get it to work. I also tried last_insert_id() but since you are setting the configuration table, the last_insert_id() winds up being the last configuration_id versus the configuration_group_id.
    So I tried several things and what worked for me was to establish the listing in the admin_pages table with page_params and sort_order set to 1 just to get the listing established and then came back with the update as that was the only method I could get the select to work with.
    I know someone can probably point out twenty ways it can be done better, but this is what worked for me.
    Punctuation is, of course, king.
    Also, you will need to see if the entries I fudged for Reward Points are correct and match what is in those places in YOUR database.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 27 Jan 2012 at 01:34 AM. Reason: more info

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    How are you establishing @groupid? It is probably a null or unrecognized by concat.
    You know I have tried a lot of different ways to get it to work and none would work. Your way worked very well. Thank You for all the schooling. Zen Cart and there new ways of doing things. I like it better the other way but I have learn now how to update a lot of the modules that are not compatible with zen cart 1.5.0 so I guess I will help in that area with the ones I use anyway. Thank You again for the help like I said it worked like a charm.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Glad it worked for you

Still waiting for the critics

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast