Plugin Contributions

Default Two Separate Checkouts?

Hi, I was wondering, is it possible to set up two separate checkouts? We want to have a multi-page, user-friendly checkout for our customers, but we also take a lot of phone orders, and we'd like to be able to have a (hidden from the public) one-page, direct order page for us to enter phone order info into.

We'd like both checkouts to go through the same standard credit card processing/ shipping calculations.

Is this feasible? I plan on building the one-page ordering page myself. I'm thinking I can create an undecorated page with entry fields that save as the same variables in the customer ordering system, basically condensing the multi-page system into one page.

I haven't done a lot of PHP programming, but I've worked a lot in Actionscript. Declaring the same variable twice in Actionscript leads to errors, will I run into this problem in PHP?

Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Two Separate Checkouts?

Fast and Easy Checkout (FEC) creates a new page that still draws on the Zen Cart checkout structure. It may be possible to install this but not integrate it so that visitors don't see it, but allow your staff to navigate to it.

However, unless somebody has actually tried this already (which is unlikely), you'll only be able to work out the pitfalls and answers by trying it.

On a tabgential note, we sometimes add functionality for store staff by wrapping an IP check around it so that only people accessing the site from the client's physical store (or our offices) can see it. You may be able to make FEC available similarly.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Two Separate Checkouts?

You could also try the "Admin login as customer" and enter the order as them.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=829