Plugin Contributions

Default Help! Orders not showing up in admin

I am using Zen Cart version 1.3.9h

For some reason, orders are not showing up in my admin section. I downloaded a fresh version of ZenCart and re-uploaded orders.php

still no dice.

I don't get it at all ..... I've been using Zen Cart on and off for various clients for at least 6 years.... I"ve never, ever had this problem. My client is losing patience with this. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? Is this a common problem ?

I have PayPal orders set up, I myself purchased something from the store , and my PayPal was indeed charged. Yet my order (and none of the other orders placed) are showing up in admin.

This is an emergency because my client has no idea who has paid money and for what products.

Any help would be appreciated. I dont' want to have to overwrite my entire installation, since this seems to be a fixable error. I hope.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Help! Orders not showing up in admin

This is turning into a major headache.

So I installed a new Zen Cart installation into an empty directory. It worked. Orders placed there through PayPal worked as normal.

But my REAL TIME store I built for client had some custom stuff in it in terms of design, and tons of products.

I exported the database from REAL TIME STORE to TEST STORE and once i did that, the TEST STORE, which had been logging orders, was no longer logging orders anymore.

SO clearly, the problem is in the database somewhere.

I tried importing ONLY the products tables into the TEST STORE after another fresh install.
    That worked, but somehow I could not get all of the product categories to show up , even though I tried importing
    zen_products_to_categories.sql
    zen_categories.sql

and everything else that looked like it was related to products.

I could KEEP my original store installation if I could JUST FIGURE OUT WHAT it is about database 1 that is preventing orders from showing up.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help! Orders not showing up in admin

To summarise the problem:

1. The default Zen Cart works fine.

2. The Zen Cart which you (as a paid developer) have altered doesn't work.

As no one here has any idea what the changes are which you have made which have stuffed up the site then no one here is going to be able to help you sort it out.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Ill be more helpful that the person above, and suggest this...

1. Try a sale using the COD module, and see if you get an order show up.

2. Have you checked the return URL settings in the customers Paypal account. Or for a test, try one of your known working stores using his Paypal address for payment, and see if the error still happens. That will at least narrow something down to either a store or paypal account issue.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dgent

Funny you mentioned that, I actually did just try that about an hour ago (The C.O.D. order)

it didn't show up either.

The return value on PayPal was indeed set correctly.

so

I just did a fresh install and import every single relevant table into my new database table structure, imported all the template and css info , etc . and now I've got it all rebuilt and looks the same as original.

I appreciate your helpful attitude, some people on the forums are simply trolls, so I just leave them to eating their own toe jam under a bridge somewhere in the UK.

But yeah, thanks for your suggestions. Even though it's working now, I'm still curious as the nature of the original problem so I may keep analyzing the original install to see where the problem originated, as I didn't alter anything that had anything to do with database tables or the order process.

SO YES, EVERYTHING WORKS NOW ! thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I appreciate your helpful attitude, some people on the forums are simply trolls, so I just leave them to eating their own toe jam under a bridge somewhere in the UK.
    Where people can be helped they are, more often than not, provided with that help. The problem arises when they have modified Zen Cart in some way. Aside from the database there are over 1,000+ files in a default Zen Cart install and there is no way in which we can know what it is that you have altered.

And although you consider the tone of the post by "dgent" to be more helpful the fact of the matter is that you still had to sort it out for yourself - and you still don't know what it was you did which caused the problem in the first place. But perhaps you'll be able to track it down. The main thing is that the website of your client is now working again.

Vger