Plugin Contributions

Default 500 - Internal server error after install?

Hi. Brand new user just trying to do my first install. Latest version of Zencart on Webcentral(Australia) Server. Please be patient. :-)

1. Created a subdirectory on my existing website called zencart and copied all the installation files as advised in installation doco.
    2. Web Hosting uses IIS so I've used this to change permissions. In addition tech support at web hosting company has made the whole directory and below read/write/delete to try and solve my problem.
    3. I renamed both the dist_configure.php files to configure.php as advised. NB. I haven't editted the contents of either of these files as my understanding is this gets done as part of the install(am I right?)
    4. Start the zc_install and it runs, I agree to license agreement, it starts 'thinking' and then I get the following error. Have contacted Web Hosting Company and they've repeated the problem at their end and they've opened permissions right up to see if it helped. It didn't.

Any idea what is going wrong? NB. I've substitued my proper website address as MY WEBSITE in the following for privacy reasons.

Thank you.
    Alan

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

Detailed Error Information

Module

FastCgiModule

Notification

ExecuteRequestHandler

Handler

PHP_via_FastCGI

Error Code

0x00000000

Requested URL

http://MY WEBSITE:80/zencart/zc_install/index.php?main_page=inspect

Physical Path

\\bne3nas2-content1\content1\vs446216\MY WEBSITE\wwwroot\zencart\zc_install\index.php

Logon Method

Anonymous

Logon User

Anonymous

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 500 - Internal server error after install?

"500 - Internal Server" errors are usually due to either:

1. A fatal PHP error - which should not occur with a new and default install of Zen Cart unless files failed to upload correctly. Suggested solution - re-upload all files.

2. A .htaccess error. Zen Cart makes great use of .htaccess files but .htaccess commands only work on Apache servers - and most definitely don't work on Windows servers. Suggested solution - use an Apache server or rename all .htaccess files to see if that fixes the problem.

Bear in mind that the .htaccess files are part of Zen Cart's security, so using an Apache server which can handle .htaccess is the best option.

Vger