Page 89 of 245 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

Dear Conor,

I have installed Ceon URI Mapping (SEO) 4.4.1 on ZenCart 1.3.9h.

It seems to be working, except the product listing display still uses the ZenCart generated URL.

I have a category "Clocks" (cPath=66). I have two products in that category (products_id=208 and 209).

I generated the URI Mapping for the category (clocks), and two products (/clocks/clock-a and /clocks/clock-b).

The category URI Mapping works fine. In the "Categories" side box, the URI Mapping shows up in the link to "/clocks".

When I click on the Clocks category to display the product list, the product links still shows the ZenCart generated links even though I have generated the URI Mapping for each product already.

If I manually type in the URL "/clocks/clock-a", it will go to display the correct product. The links in the navigation "prev" or "next" buttons on the product information display page are ZenCart generated links, even though URI Mapping "/clocks/clock-b" has already been generated.

Have I missed a step?

Thanks.

kamion

Plugin Contributions

Hey there.

Trying to install Ceon URI Mapping (SEO) module.
    Uploaded all the files needed. Now it asks to go to Modules > Ceon URI Mapping (SEO) and make some changes there and on.
    The problem is, I don't see anything new under Modules in Admin panel, besides Payment, Shipping and Order Total, which already were there.. (v.1.5.1)

Please advise.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

I've found the answer to my problem above. :)

Looks like there's a need to add custom product types to two files:

1) includes\extra_datafiles\ceon_uri_mapping_product_pages.php
    2) includes\extra_datafiles\ceon_uri_mapping_filenames.php

It's now working as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by kamion View Post
    Dear Conor,

I have installed Ceon URI Mapping (SEO) 4.4.1 on ZenCart 1.3.9h.

It seems to be working, except the product listing display still uses the ZenCart generated URL.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by solo_400 View Post
    Urgent Help please !

I have installed version 4.4.1 and only with Internet Explorer a have a 404 problem movnig navigating from categories to menu informations links :

PLease try to navigate first on : http://ducashop.ro/ducashop/placate-...ri-placate-aur and after on http://ducashop.ro/ducashop/index.ph...age=conditions using IE .
    The custom menu software you have on the site is badly written. It can't cope with static URIs. You need to get the author of your menu software to fix it so that it can work with static URIs.

Currently it is generating URIs like:

http://ducashop.ro/ducashop/placate-...age=conditions

Clearly you can see that this should not include the current full path on the server (http://ducashop.ro/ducashop/placate-cu-aur-18k) but only http://ducashop.ro/ducashop/...

That's the only solution for you, but should be easy enough for the author of the menu software... have them update their software to use zen_href_link instead of whatever method they are using now to build the links.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
    Hello I was wandering if someone could help me please
    I installed this mod and the rewrite rules arent working

could someone helo me here please

thamnk yoiu
    Sorry but you haven't asked anything specific.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by jmac2020 View Post
    The problem is, I don't see anything new under Modules in Admin panel, besides Payment, Shipping and Order Total, which already were there.. (v.1.5.1)
    You haven't installed the software properly. Upload the files again.. the most common problem with installation now is people thinking they've uploaded all the files when they haven't.. often due to poor FTP software. I'd suggest trying FireFTP for Firefox, it's free software that has always seemed reliable to me.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by kamion View Post
    I've found the answer to my problem above. :)

Looks like there's a need to add custom product types to two files:

1) includes\extra_datafiles\ceon_uri_mapping_product_pages.php
    2) includes\extra_datafiles\ceon_uri_mapping_filenames.php

It's now working as it should.
    If you haven't defined your custom product type with a filename then, yes, you must define it somewhere.. otherwise all you need to do is add the information to the product pages file as you did.

Glad you're sorted. Enjoy the new URIs!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

I had this installed for a while and all was well on zc v1.5.0 (link in my sig), but a while ago (not sure how long), it suddenly stopped working on internet explorer and wouldn't show 2nd or third level categories or any products (it showed but lost all formatting), so I have now turned it off, I am currently on CEON URI Mapping v4.0.7 but I have a message to say that 4.4.1 is available, would this fix this issue? It's just that I have to merge some admin files as I have this installed alongside numinix product fields so I don't really want to mess around unless I have to and if it will make a difference? or do you think the problem could be completely unrelated? if so, any ideas as to what it may be and how to fix would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

I have just installed this MOD V4.4.1 with ZC 1.5.0. Everything seems to work. When i add a new category or a new product, the corrrect pathway shows up, but when I click on the category, it displays no products. When i do a search for the product or use the NEW Products link and then click on product details, i get a 404 error. I have tried changing the MOD Rewrite rule but I still get the same errors. Any suggestions?

RewriteRule .* index.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule .* /index.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule .* /index.php [QSA,L,PT]

Thank you in advance for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 404 email, but no sitemap shown..with URI mapping

Connor, after reading through this thread for hours, i wonder cause of the problem I am having since it describes exactly the same issue I am having, I just do not know how to fix it.

Thanks

This is the code in the header file for the Template i am using

Code:
    <base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG : HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ); ?>" />
    <?php if (isset($canonicalLink) && $canonicalLink != '') { ?>
    <link rel="canonical" href="<?php echo $canonicalLink; ?>" />
    <?php } ?>

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

Glad you like it and appreciate the effort put into the installation instructions, they alone took over a week so it's nice they're appreciated! :)

This is caused when the template used breaks the "base href" functionality that working templates have. It basically means the category/product pages are currently broken, in that they can't support static URIs, they are building relative URIs for the images, which then breaks them.

It should be easy enough to fix, just make sure a base href element is present in the template header file.

I'm afraid I don't know specifically what is causing that but it is indeed likely to be an error on your [template's] part. Again, check how the URIs are being built by it, make sure all are using the zen_href_link function.

Hope that's some sort of help!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon