Page 243 of 245 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245 LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2445
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

thanks mc123456789 .... a detailed explanation which again confirms the complexity of CEON and the pain it causes for those like me who do not fully understand its quirks, and specifically for my purposes at least as I do not use the finesses that this program offers, I just require url redirection. For others it is apparently the best code ever written.

Hence with the rebuild I am likely to revert to USU - it begs the question, without adding that code to the .htaccess can I expect the same thing to happen when I next want to upgrade a site using the rebuild process as described earlier (rhetorical question) ... fopr the uninitiated the answer would be yes.

Food for thought .... to avoid this situation from repeating in the future, which takes up valuable time and resources on both sides of the forum screen .....

So would it be a pertinent thing to consider modifying the ZC install instructions, or adding a special condition advice, where it covers running zc_install and gives example mydomain/zc_install and mydomain/catalog/zc_install to read mydomain/zc_install.php and mydomain/catalog/zc_install.php so that it will actually run? The instructions state that the ZC program is smart enough to know what to look for, and it is for upgrades or new installs but it appears that where CEON is already installed and the rebuild method is used that CEON overrides ZC .... for the reasons you elaborated on above. Through frustrating trial and error I stumbled upon that 'solution' - even when the install is complete, as per the image above, the urls will not work for someone who has CEON installed. Problematic to say the least

cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by shags38; 7 Nov 2019 at 02:03 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    thanks mc123456789 .... a detailed explanation which again confirms the complexity of CEON and the pain it causes for those like me who do not fully understand its quirks, and specifically for my purposes at least as I do not use the finesses that this program offers, I just require url redirection. For others it is apparently the best code ever written.

Hence with the rebuild I am likely to revert to USU - it begs the question, without adding that code to the .htaccess can I expect the same thing to happen when I next want to upgrade a site using the rebuild process as described earlier (rhetorical question) ... fopr the uninitiated the answer would be yes.

Food for thought .... to avoid this situation from repeating in the future, which takes up valuable time and resources on both sides of the forum screen .....

So would it be a pertinent thing to consider modifying the ZC install instructions, or adding a special condition advice, where it covers running zc_install and gives example mydomain/zc_install and mydomain/catalog/zc_install to read mydomain/zc_install.php and mydomain/catalog/zc_install.php so that it will actually run? The instructions state that the ZC program is smart enough to know what to look for, and it is for upgrades or new installs but it appears that where CEON is already installed and the rebuild method is used that CEON overrides ZC .... for the reasons you elaborated on above. Through frustrating trial and error I stumbled upon that 'solution' - even when the install is complete, as per the image above, the urls will not work for someone who has CEON installed. Problematic to say the least

cheers,
    Mike
    I'm curious, in your server's response about the page not being found, was there anything about a 404 error?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I'm curious, in your server's response about the page not being found, was there anything about a 404 error?
    the attempt(s) resolved to the website page not found page - after a number of attempts I contacted my host and explained the situation and their response was that due to the redirect code in the .htaccess file that the url (complete folder) was not able to be served. That is why I posted in here

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Glad I ran across this post. Trying to upgrade a client who is on 1.54 and has ceon running. Her site has gone wonky and even the upgrade is being made difficult with all kinds of crazy redirects. This may be the issue I have been banging my head trying to figure out. even a test site in a subdirectory is redirecting to the main page of her live site.

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to use auto generate option to generate URI for product with out including category name e.g.

Instead of www.store.com/books/life-is-good
    Looking to get www.store.com/life-is-good

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jsarwar View Post
    Is it possible to use auto generate option to generate URI for product with out including category name e.g.

Instead of www.store.com/books/life-is-good
    Looking to get www.store.com/life-is-good
    Can be done with the commercial version otherwise would have to find and modify code to specifically address removal at the auto-generation point.

One thing to note though is that if the result of two entries is the same name, that something has to be done to allow accessing each independently.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I just uploaded a bunch of products via Easy Populate for a client, would now like to generate URI's.

Here are the versions being used (old, I know):
    ZC 1.5.4
    Ceon URI v4.5.0

Way back on Page 195, there was discussion of how to get Ceon URI to auto-generate links on products (Posts #1945 & #1947). I tried DrByte's version first, then bobthemolder's but could not get either to work.

What I did was:
    1. Drop the code into an empty php file that I named ceon_URI_generator.php
    2. Uploaded the file to the Admin folder.
    3. Logged into Admin.
    4. Manually loaded the php file: MySite.com/Admin-Folder/ceon_URI_generator.php

For the older code (from post #1945), I received mysql_query warnings:
    User accessed denied, link to server not established, etc.

DrByte's code (#1947) seemed to make a connection, but gave me a bunch of goblety gook.

Did I put the code in the wrong place? Or do I need different code to work with my ZC/Ceon versions?

Thanks,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    For the older code (from post #1945), I received mysql_query warnings:
    User accessed denied, link to server not established, etc.
    Just on a technical note, the code from post #1945 seems to use raw mysql commands which I'm guessing are not connected in your case, whereas the usual zen cart 'way' is to use the global $db object, which can be used to fetch resultsets, e.g. instead of:

Code:
            $categories = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM zen_categories LEFT JOIN zen_categories_description ON zen_categories.categories_id = zen_categories_description.categories_id WHERE zen_categories.categories_status='1'");
            echo "<p>Click on a category to update it's products: <br/>";
            while ($showthiscat = mysql_fetch_assoc($categories)){
                echo "<a href='update-ceon-uri.php?updatecategory={$showthiscat['categories_id']}'>{$showthiscat['categories_name']}</a>, \n";
            }
    You would use something like:

Code:
            // **if you are in a function, include this line** global db;
            $categories = $db->Execute("SELECT * FROM zen_categories LEFT JOIN zen_categories_description ON zen_categories.categories_id = zen_categories_description.categories_id WHERE zen_categories.categories_status='1'");
            echo "<p>Click on a category to update it's products: <br/>";
            while (!$categories->EOF) {
                echo "<a href='update-ceon-uri.php?updatecategory={$categories->fields['categories_id']}'>{$categories->fields['categories_name']}</a>, \n";
                $categories->MoveNext();
            }
    There is some kind of iterator support in recent versions of zencart, which you could use 'foreach' loops with, but for me they always return garbled results that aren't worth trying to work with, it's easier to just use an EOF test and call MoveNext() for me :)

So, to use the code from that post and you're running in the context of a zen cart page which has bootstrapped with application_top.php as it started loading, you'll possibly want to refactor it to use the $db object to achieve database connectivity.

Plugin Contributions

Regarding find a way to generate and control the mappings, I don't understand why people do not buy the commercial mod (and get free support) to do this?
    Is the value of people's time so low that it is worth spending hours (not) achieving a diy solution?
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Regarding find a way to generate and control the mappings, I don't understand why people do not buy the commercial mod (and get free support) to do this?
    Is the value of people's time so low that it is worth spending hours (not) achieving a diy solution?
    I did buy the comm mod, first for another site and then later I bought another copy for this site specifically. My first purchased copy was actually beta, prior to the first release. I was going back and forth with Conor, helping him trouble shoot.

But then he passed away. When I updated this site to zc154, I could not update the comm copy of the manager because it simply was not available. And at this point, I don't want to go through the hassles of upgrading. I just want to generate the stupid URI's and call it a day.

Who is selling the comm mod these days and where can I go to buy?