Page 213 of 245 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2445
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    After much more trial and error, I have gotten the internal-linked ezpages to show the correct page when manually entered in the browser address bar and the breadcrumbs are also correct. But the ezpage header and footer links are still pointing to the dynamic URL instead of the rewritten one. What I noticed in the DB was it was entering page for the main page of the internal-linked ezpages. Having page in that column was only working for regular ezpages and they are displaying the rewritten link properly and going to the correct page. When I manually added them to the DB and used contact_us, about_us, etc in the main page it is working if I manually enter the URL in the address bar.

So now I just need to figure out why the links in the ezpage header and footer are showing the dynamic URL instead of the rewritten one. Any suggestions about where to look would be highly appreciated!
    Might I suggest reading the instructions related to internal links? This is a specific issues that as memory serves specifically does not rewrite on display of the uri on hover, but on click should direct and land at the uri that is either rewritten or "normal" as the case may be. Now, what I have done in times past if I remember correctly is to establish a rewritten uri for a given page then as the internal link I have used that rewritten uri to get there. Ie. The hover upon uri matches the final uri with regards to the rewritten state. That is at least how I recall setting it up way back when.

I know DivaVocals had posted something further about internal links as well not "all" that long ago. (long enough, but not like years..)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Perhaps. But he died several years ago. His family has posted about getting back into updating his modules, but I'm not sure where exactly they're at with that today.

Did not know this. R.I.P.

These events are happening all around us today. The pioneers are dropping along the great trails of technological exploration that have redefined the lives of everyone on the planet. Some people think the greatest generation that ever lived were kids with guns shooting at kids with guns. I can make a convincing argument that they pale in comparison to today's heroes who have changed our lives much more profoundly than any battlefield victory. Many expert authorities in all sectors of the computing world have already departed and left roads unfinished and unpaved.

Whoever said there is no sense in re inventing the wheel was wrong...we will be doing it for a very long time. Or at least as long as these pioneers work independently with no documentation for others to pick up where they left off. Judging from what I have seen over the past 20 years in computer programming code, we are in for a rough time as we try to decipher others works. A short read here will explain what I am talking about. http://www.cs.utah.edu/~germain/PPS/...ommenting.html

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Might I suggest reading the instructions related to internal links? This is a specific issues that as memory serves specifically does not rewrite on display of the uri on hover, but on click should direct and land at the uri that is either rewritten or "normal" as the case may be. Now, what I have done in times past if I remember correctly is to establish a rewritten uri for a given page then as the internal link I have used that rewritten uri to get there. Ie. The hover upon uri matches the final uri with regards to the rewritten state. That is at least how I recall setting it up way back when.

I know DivaVocals had posted something further about internal links as well not "all" that long ago. (long enough, but not like years..)
    Hmmm, I had read and reread the docs and never saw that part. Thanks for pointing out what it should be doing. It does indeed go to the rewritten URI but not if I use the default auto-generation feature for ezpages. And the hover links are the rewritten URI for all other links ie products, categories and manufacturers.

If I use the default link generation in ezpages, it assigns the main_page as 'page' in the DB. Page is correct for ezpages that do not use an internal link, and they work correctly and have the hover link display the new URI. But, it has 0 effect on internal links. Even though in the DB it shows up, when I hover it shows dynamic URL and when clicked it takes me to the dynamic URL, too. When I change main_page from 'page' to say 'contact_us' and associated_db_id to NULL then the hover link still shows the dynamic URL but it does take me to the page with the rewritten URI.

I just tried this on a new vanilla 1.5.5e with only this module installed. I get the same behavior. So something is different because it was working properly when I first installed it. I didn't have to do any messing around in the DB, I just went into each ezpage and saved it just like existing categories and products (there were only a couple test ones) and it worked out of the box. Now, the internally linked ones don't work with auto create.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Now, what I have done in times past if I remember correctly is to establish a rewritten uri for a given page then as the internal link I have used that rewritten uri to get there. Ie. The hover upon uri matches the final uri with regards to the rewritten state. That is at least how I recall setting it up way back when.
    This didn't work until I manually entered the internal-linked ezpages in the DB, using the main_page of 'contact_us' etc and associated_db_id set to NULL. Then I went back in to ezpages and set the internal link to Contact-Us and now it has the hover link correct and goes to correct page.

Thanks for the pointer!!

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

I have searched this thread and cannot find the answer that helps me with this when trying to get to my Contact Us page:
    Not Found

The requested URL /fsr/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    This is the ONLY page that does this. the url looks like this when I click the link or tab:

with a red forward slash through the the https

I do Not have SSL yet.

I am using the latest version of everything.

Thanks a million in advance to anyone that can help me get my Contact Us page to work.
    I Think, Therefore I Zen. I Zen, Therefore, I AM!
    Personalized Flowers!
    Flowertown Speaking Roses
    using version 1.5.7-06232020

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wtashby View Post
    I have searched this thread and cannot find the answer that helps me with this when trying to get to my Contact Us page:

This is the ONLY page that does this. the url looks like this when I click the link or tab:

with a red forward slash through the the https

I do Not have SSL yet.

I am using the latest version of everything.

Thanks a million in advance to anyone that can help me get my Contact Us page to work.
    You may not have SSL yet; however, it would appear that your includes/configure.php file has ENABLE_SSL set to true...

Please provide that portion of your includes/configure.php file.

May also want to review that proposition that "everything else" is working ok. Same issue occurs if attempt to login... (There is a SSL "available" it just isn't yours...)
    Last edited by mc12345678; 21 Jun 2017 at 03:24 AM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

You may not have SSL yet; however, it would appear that your includes/configure.php file has ENABLE_SSL set to true...

Please provide that portion of your includes/configure.php file.

May also want to review that proposition that "everything else" is working ok. Same issue occurs if attempt to login... (There is a SSL "available" it just isn't yours...)
    That was exactly the problem! Thank you! It's working fine now.
    I Think, Therefore I Zen. I Zen, Therefore, I AM!
    Personalized Flowers!
    Flowertown Speaking Roses
    using version 1.5.7-06232020

Plugin Contributions

OK got it working.

The mistake I made was not uploading all v150 and v155a files. I figured since I was using v155e that those were not necessary. Maybe it was a stupid mistake. But I can see that others did the same thing in this thread but probably never resolved their problem. Persistence.

One other mistake.....after I got everything to pass the test, I still wasnt getting any good urls. After about 20 minutes, I remembered, I had to go back to each product or category and regenerate the url.

Plugin Contributions

I would recommend that a new wrapper labeled 155e be created to avoid confusion for future users.

Plugin Contributions

I've just integrated with zen card 1.5.5e, find one part not working in the product listing pagination, can not go to the page, always display page 1.

Any help are welcome!!!