Threaded View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

thanks mc123456789 .... a detailed explanation which again confirms the complexity of CEON and the pain it causes for those like me who do not fully understand its quirks, and specifically for my purposes at least as I do not use the finesses that this program offers, I just require url redirection. For others it is apparently the best code ever written.

Hence with the rebuild I am likely to revert to USU - it begs the question, without adding that code to the .htaccess can I expect the same thing to happen when I next want to upgrade a site using the rebuild process as described earlier (rhetorical question) ... fopr the uninitiated the answer would be yes.

Food for thought .... to avoid this situation from repeating in the future, which takes up valuable time and resources on both sides of the forum screen .....

So would it be a pertinent thing to consider modifying the ZC install instructions, or adding a special condition advice, where it covers running zc_install and gives example mydomain/zc_install and mydomain/catalog/zc_install to read mydomain/zc_install.php and mydomain/catalog/zc_install.php so that it will actually run? The instructions state that the ZC program is smart enough to know what to look for, and it is for upgrades or new installs but it appears that where CEON is already installed and the rebuild method is used that CEON overrides ZC .... for the reasons you elaborated on above. Through frustrating trial and error I stumbled upon that 'solution' - even when the install is complete, as per the image above, the urls will not work for someone who has CEON installed. Problematic to say the least

cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by shags38; 7 Nov 2019 at 02:03 AM.