Page 91 of 245 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

Hey everyone,

store: http://www.royal-fleur.com

I am having issues with ceon uri mapping. It was working fine but now it is redirecting to a wrong page.

If i click on the about us link ( left column sideboxe ) or any of the link beside product, it redirect me to the following page :http://www.royal-fleur.com/index.php...&products_id=0 instead of redirecting to http://www.royal-fleur.com/index.php?main_page=about_us.

the parameter for the about us page in mysql are as follow:

uri -> /about-royal-fleur
    language_id -> 1
    current_uri -> 1
    main_page -> about_us
    query_string_parameters ->
    associated_db_id ->0
    alternate_uri ->
    redirection_type_code -> 301
    date_added -> 2012-02-29 21:55:07

It only redirect to the correct page if i specified the full url address in the alternate url field.

I stated the about_us page as an example but i have the same problem for all the pages redirect by ceon url except for product pages

Please help me with this because it creates a lot of broken link in my store

Thank you in advance

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

I would suggest upgrading, it won't actually take you that long.. however, things don't just suddenly stop working. So you must have installed software that messed something up, or added something to your .htaccess file which has broken things.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    Thanks for the response Conor, I haven't updated the .htaccess file since the day after I installed uri mapping (and long before it stopped working), I was wondering if it was a compatibility issue with a more recent IE update (as I don't know anyone else with a zen store and ceon uri mapping to check), but if it isn't that, which by the sounds of it that shouldn't be the case, I will need to go through all of my files to see what other addons I have installed since (as I do have many installed and with not knowing the exact date it stopped working I'm not sure which to look at), didn't think it was a module problem though as it had been working great, as mentioned I was wondering if the problem was IE.

I'll update here if I can find anything or get to the bottom of it, I will also look at upgrading to the newer version (I just hate merging files but if needs must).

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post
    Please help me with this because it creates a lot of broken link in my store
    You haven't read the instructions properly.

Code:
    associated_db_id ->0
    should be NULL, not zero, for "other" Zen Cart pages.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie76 View Post
    I will need to go through all of my files to see what other addons I have installed since
    I looked at the source of your site there and it is a complete mess. You have code that should be in the body in the header, unclosed script tags etc.. that would be why it doesn't work in IE.

You appear to have installed some cookie software in your template, there is some badly placed jQuery sidebox code (don't know what it's for or why it's placed where it is) and also no canonical links are being output because that code is missing, probably from html_header.php.

So at least three things to fix.. whoever added things to the template file(s) really messed up!

Hope that helps you fix things!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ceon, thanks for a great mod. I've been fiddling about with this on a site on my localhost and although I've made a few changes there's none I can think of that should affect this mod. And it works fine, except... Even though I use zen_href_link to build links and even though the ceon_uri_mappings Table in the DB has what I expect, for some reason when the link gets outputted it lacks the categories.

Ie if the link should be to:
    carsite.com/cars/ford/galaxy

it appears as only:
    carsite.com/galaxy

This is despite it having the correct entry in the ceon_uri_mappings table (ie carsite.com/cars/ford/galaxy)

This is really doing my nut in, been staring at it for hours now and I guess it's probably something simple but the code is overwhelming.

Any clues what I've done wrong?

thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by crazysarah View Post
    This is really doing my nut in, been staring at it for hours now and I guess it's probably something simple but the code is overwhelming.
    I'm sorry to hear you've been spending so much time at this, I hate to hear people spending time on something that they may not have needed to.

Ceon URI Mapping can't do what you are suggesting, so either that's not the "current" URI for the category or you have some other code on your site which is redirecting/interfering.

Use the Live HTTP Headers Firefox extension to check if a redirect is taking place and check your .htaccess file for other rewrite rules.

Hope that helps!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Wow, thanks for the quick response, I've managed to eat dinner in the meantime.

I do have a redirect, so it that whats causeing the issues? it goes like: zen_redirect(zen_href_link($_GET['main_page'], zen_get_all_get_params())

surely using the zen_href_link() function makes it work with this lovely mod?

Don't seem to have any other redirects in the htaccess other than redirecting www to non-www

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by crazysarah View Post
    Wow, thanks for the quick response, I've managed to eat dinner in the meantime.

I do have a redirect, so it that whats causeing the issues? it goes like: zen_redirect(zen_href_link($_GET['main_page'], zen_get_all_get_params())

surely using the zen_href_link() function makes it work with this lovely mod?

Don't seem to have any other redirects in the htaccess other than redirecting www to non-www
    I should say, in case it matters, that the reason for the redirect is because I have a custom filter which POSTs form data, in order for a warning about resubmitting data not to appear when the user clicks the back button, I save all the POST vars into the SESSION and redirect to the same page.

Don't know it that matters?

Plugin Contributions

Just incase it helps jog anyone else's memory and so that no-one wastes time helping me, I've figured it out. I'd a bunch of old URI's in the database from a month or so ago when I first played around with this software. It was causing all my issues problems. Stupid me. What a waste of time!

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=conor;1162449]Hi,

You haven't read the instructions properly.

I did read the instructions nut it is not working for me.

Code:
    associated_db_id ->0
    should be NULL, not zero, for "other" Zen Cart pages.

When I try to set to NULL, I am getting the following error from mysql:

1 row affected.
    Warning: #1366 Incorrect integer value: 'NULL' for column 'associated_db_id' at row 1

I don t really understand what s going on because it was working fine and then URI mapping just stop working for the "custom pages"