Page 46 of 245 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

So I've just been and updated a product so that it's got the neat look URL this mod gives, then I copied the URL and pasted into into a facebook status under the link option and there are no thumbnails and there are Â's before the price and a random £1 at the end!

How do I stop this

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPembleton View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like a great product for the right type of store.

Unfortunately, I am a small store in terms of revenues, and have a very static product list, so paying $90 for a one-time usage is a little beyond my means.

I think I will just manually change the categories, and let the specific products keep the old uris
    Understood. For me it works out to ~$0.004 per item to modify.

Well worth it vs time investment.

Plugin Contributions

I've come across another issue that I'm not quit sure if the URI Mapping is causing:

Zencart Version: 1.5.0
    Ceon URI Mapping Files Version: 4.0.8

Installed the cart w/o demo products.
    Added a new theme.
    Installed/Configured Ceon URI Mapping.
    Added some header/footer links and new pages via EZ Pages.

All pages and links work and are showing the correct url string based on the mapping configuration. However, when I add a category either through the admin interface or with phpMyadmin I get and error on the site when clicking on the category link and in the admin area next to the category listed. Also, the "add category"/"add product" buttons are gone from the category admin.

[WARNING: An error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.] Refreshing the page nor clearing the cache does any.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by tharrison View Post
    [WARNING: An error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.] Refreshing the page nor clearing the cache does any.
    That's not an error that's related to Ceon URI Mapping, not sure what it is, sorry.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
    The category page error sounds like you might have messed up a merge when installing the software.

All I can suggest is to try reinstalling the module from scratch and then if things are still not working, comparing your site's files to a fresh version of Zen Cart.. then you'll most likely find a mistake that needs fixing.

Hope that is of some use!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

All I can suggest is to try reinstalling the module from scratch and then if things are still not working, comparing your site's files to a fresh version of Zen Cart.. then you'll most likely find a mistake that needs fixing.
    I reinstalled the cart and the mod only. Configured the mod and manually added 1 test category. It worked fine.

I take it this mod will not automatically map the URL if I were to import the categories and products via phpMyadmin? Or will it? That's my next step after your reply

Plugin Contributions

Default My site crashed!

Ceon was operating last night just fine. This morning a customer emailed me to tell me that my site was down. The home page showed fine, but it you hit any link, I goes a "Page not Found" error. Every link did that. I disabled CEON, and everything is fine.

Does anyone know what is happening. I will just keep CEON disabled until I can determine the cause.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My site crashed!

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by SPembleton View Post
    Does anyone know what is happening. I will just keep CEON disabled until I can determine the cause.
    Nothing in computers can happen at random, so either you made a change or your hosts did.

Sounds like your .htaccess file no longer has a Ceon URI Mapping rewrite rule in it. Or that you've deleted some of the module's files.

If the rewrite rule is still there then reinstalling the software from scratch might help fix whatever you/someone else has changed.

Hope that helps!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

I take it this mod will not automatically map the URL if I were to import the categories and products via phpMyadmin? Or will it? That's my next step after your reply
    ...importing categories and products will not automatically map the urls 50 categories=no problem | 8000+ products? No way!! I'll have to rely on the old meta-tag ways, great content and back links. Oh well.

Good thing is nothing broke when I imported the categories.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to auto-generate product URLs with the manufacturer name instead of the category it's in? Would love to see this in a future version if not.

Thanks for such a great mod, I moved on over from Simple SEO URLs, best decision I've ever made

Plugin Contributions

...importing categories and products will not automatically map the urls 50 categories=no problem | 8000+ products? No way!! I'll have to rely on the old meta-tag ways, great content and back links. Oh well.

Good thing is nothing broke when I imported the categories.
    I spoke too soon!! Now the "new page" button on the EZ Pages admin screen is missing. I imported the ezpages info into the table and all the pages show up on the site, yet I cannot get to any of them via the admin screen. FYI...the button was missing before the import of the pages info. I hear great things about this mod, but I'm seeing many bugs in this version