Page 234 of 245 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2445
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

With all due respect to everybody, but if it's all unofficial, wouldn't be better to have just one git with forks for wahever?
    I'm not a daily programmer, so my contributions are few ( close to none). Can't talk much.
    but in this case, the only thing I would change would be the way that this module adds a numeric value to the products name if it finds it duplicated.
    It would be "easier" to add the products_id. But even that is not a priority.
    The rest, is just to be sure that this module keeps alive, since there are thousands of url's spread in the net.

I'll have to make this work for 156, I know stuff has moved while I was win merging. Then I saw that I had to change so much stuff, that I delayed the ceon review.
    But it would be nice, to stick to one version.

Again, saying this with all respect for the job and hours that all of you contribute to this module.
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    I thought the package from the the zc plugins was the "oficial" and was getting updates.
    so it's a bit of catch 22. It's official if it doesn't get updates... but if it does, then is not official.
    The package in the Zen Cart plugins is working without any issues with Zen Cart 1.5.5. And it gets updates. New version 4.6.0 for Zen Cart 1.5.6 is in progress and will be released in january. What exactly is not working for you?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    I thought the package from the the zc plugins was the "oficial" and was getting updates.
    so it's a bit of catch 22. It's official if it doesn't get updates... but if it does, then is not official.

This url stuff is really a big big big down side for zencart.

Thanks
    Need to understand that there is a Zen Cart user that began independent support by way of making information accessible via github with the possibility of someone picking it up and submitting it as an official release on the ZC site. Doing so though requires also updating documentation and then the visitors tend to also go to that person for further support... so generally a level of commitment is felt in submitting an update. Unfortunately another also continued providing independent support but didn't pick up where the existing support had given and the organization that originally provided the software hadn't issued their release before the second party stepped in.

So, now there are these multiple flavors with more to come.

As to the number addition, the thing about this module is that store side facing, there is really no indication of what product id is associated with the product. That is as I've seen it by design a product of any products id can become any product, adding the number is really just a fallback method to make it easier to quickly assign a uri instead of ensuring that each is unique before submitting the designation. Besides that and likely rare, there runs the potential situation of the addition of the products_id might equate to the uri of an existing product, so what then? Add the product id again? By use of an incremental number, when the duplicate is found, just increment the number again. If not mistaken the paid for version offers more flexibility like you are asking for (and more).

As to github, yeah, that's how programmers should play together. Not sure how/why a second version got split off the way it did, though am aware that the general markets are different so can also see how it happened. .
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

My bad. Sorry, but I get a little upset when instead of focusing on selling, I have to focus on upgrades and be stuck in netbeans, searching this and that, and now, also module versions as well.
    So while trying to understand the status of this module, I should have done a break; but kept writing. My mistake.

Thanks
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Default 500 error, ZC 1.5.6 and CEON 4.5.5

Hi,

Installed a fresh copy of 1.5.6 and a copy of CEON 4.5.5. The store works all the way to check out, all URIs correct etc, I can log into admin, I can click and change/cancel anything, but when I drill down into categories, and I click on New Category, or I click on the green icon to Edit a product I get the proverbial 500 error screen.

In my ZC error log file, the only entry is -

[27-Dec-2018 03:46:05 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /xxxx/categories.php?cPath=&action=new_category, IP address: 127.0.0.1
    #1 require() called at [/xxxx/categories.php:11]
    [27-Dec-2018 03:46:05 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning: require(includes/modules/prod_cat_header_code.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxx/categories.php on line 11
    [27-Dec-2018 03:46:05 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/modules/prod_cat_header_code.php' (include_path='.:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php') in /xxxx/categories.php on line 11

I am using XAMPPs, and the error returned in the error log is -

[Wed Dec 26 19:22:55.038835 2018] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 938] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    [Wed Dec 26 19:22:59.250644 2018] [suexec:notice] [pid 1342] AH01232: suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/suexec)
    [Wed Dec 26 19:22:59.280883 2018] [lbmethod_heartbeat:notice] [pid 1343] AH02282: No slotmem from mod_heartmonitor
    [Wed Dec 26 19:22:59.291416 2018] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1343] AH00163: Apache/2.4.37 (Unix) PHP/7.2.12 mod_perl/2.0.8-dev Perl/v5.16.3 configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Wed Dec 26 19:22:59.291494 2018] [core:notice] [pid 1343] AH00094: Command line: '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/httpd -E /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/logs/error_log -D SSL -D PHP'

I have triple checked permissions(with PHP 7.2 I have made both config.php files read-only as well as the rest of the tree), have exhausted Google, rewrote the config.php file in /admin from the dist-config.php to make sure it wasn't a typo, and tried every hack I could find out there, to no avail.

Any ideas? I love this upgrade and don't want to have to downgrade.

Thanks,

Eric
    Last edited by DrByte; 27 Dec 2018 at 10:07 PM. Reason: removed directory paths, by request

Plugin Contributions

i get a little upset when instead of focusing on selling, i have to focus on upgrades
    Abso-bloody-lutely!

and you are right to be confused.

But...you are an early adopter and are paying the price for that!
    There are already too many posts regarding problems with 1.56 installation/upgrade etc. for me to consider it ready yet. I expect there will be a 1.56a very soon...
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 500 error, ZC 1.5.6 and CEON 4.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by erica62 View Post
    Hi,

Installed a fresh copy of 1.5.6 and a copy of CEON 4.5.5. The store works all the way to check out, all URIs correct etc, I can log into admin, I can click and change/cancel anything, but when I drill down into categories, and I click on New Category, or I click on the green icon to Edit a product I get the proverbial 500 error screen.

In my ZC error log file, the only entry is -

[27-Dec-2018 03:46:05 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /xxxx/categories.php?cPath=&action=new_category, IP address: 127.0.0.1
    #1 require() called at [/xxxx/categories.php:11]
    [27-Dec-2018 03:46:05 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning: require(includes/modules/prod_cat_header_code.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxx/categories.php on line 11
    [27-Dec-2018 03:46:05 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/modules/prod_cat_header_code.php' (include_path='.:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php') in /xxxx/categories.php on line 11

I am using XAMPPs, and the error returned in the error log is -

[Wed Dec 26 19:22:55.038835 2018] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 938] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    [Wed Dec 26 19:22:59.250644 2018] [suexec:notice] [pid 1342] AH01232: suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/suexec)
    [Wed Dec 26 19:22:59.280883 2018] [lbmethod_heartbeat:notice] [pid 1343] AH02282: No slotmem from mod_heartmonitor
    [Wed Dec 26 19:22:59.291416 2018] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1343] AH00163: Apache/2.4.37 (Unix) PHP/7.2.12 mod_perl/2.0.8-dev Perl/v5.16.3 configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Wed Dec 26 19:22:59.291494 2018] [core:notice] [pid 1343] AH00094: Command line: '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/httpd -E /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/logs/error_log -D SSL -D PHP'

I have triple checked permissions(with PHP 7.2 I have made both config.php files read-only as well as the rest of the tree), have exhausted Google, rewrote the config.php file in /admin from the dist-config.php to make sure it wasn't a typo, and tried every hack I could find out there, to no avail.

Any ideas? I love this upgrade and don't want to have to downgrade.

Thanks,

Eric
    There was a significant restructuring of the file system to align the files with their function. I know that the other two are perhaps busy working out details, but I've almost completed incorporating this into ZC 1.5.6 and had plans to push the changes to torvista's repo (considering I'm using his as the basis), there are changes incorporated to use the formats implemented in ZC 1.5.6 and also to eliminate modified files that can be omitted based on notifiers existing.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    and also to eliminate modified files that can be omitted based on notifiers existing.
    Yes! Finally! PLEASE use the notifiers instead of mangling critical core code files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Howdy thread,

There was mention of a rev of CEON to fix the issues with 1.5.6. Is this a reality and if so, is there a tentative date?

Thanks,

Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by erica62 View Post
    Howdy thread,

There was mention of a new version this month. Is this a reality and if so, is there a tentative date?

Thanks,

Eric
    I've been in conversations with Ceon about a version that works in ZC 1.5.6a tested up to PHP 7.2 but would work as far back as the standard PHP 5.3 (for ZC versions supporting that low of a PHP version) and it seems like it is almost done with removing all modifications from the admin files (currently works with merging but goal as expressed by DrByte was to not modify core files). Trying to verify that the new html tags are incorporated for ezpages and then seems like the same needs to be done for manufacturers... Products and categories are complete.

Ok, there is one file that needs a line of code added to complete the installation, but that's because there does not appear to be any notifier or other tie-in point to facilitate without doing so. The installation check appears to still need to be addressed but seems like they are looking at about a week.

It does also still override some init_xx files, but that is done by override not by replacement/merge.

So in total, appears that the revision would work by uploading all of the core files, the few files written specifically for ZC 1.5.6 and either adding one line or merging the one line with the existing file and then incorporation of the .htaccess rules (which have needed a little update to support some aspects of ZC 1.5.6).

I don't know what the plans are for the others.