Page 11 of 245 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

Thanks for the great mod. I'm using 4.0.3 and it worked perfectly straight "out of the box" Love it.

Plugin Contributions

I solved the upgrade issue by re-uploading the files. Something must have not transferred properly the first time. Great software. Love it! Thank you!

www.ReveTeas.com

Plugin Contributions

Just installed v4.04 in my store 1.39h
    Everything working great.
    The problem i'm having is with the multiple languages on my site.

i.e. the languages Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, french and portugues.

When entering the product title descriptions for each of the languages
    and saving them using encoding utf-8 , all the characters are preserved within the title descriptions however the auto generated URL's for each of the languages convert the russian, chinese and japanese characters to numbers as in Unicode. Also the French and Portugues accented characters are also converted to numbers.
    English characters remain untouched.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Plugin Contributions

I upgraded to 4.03 and imported my uris from another database to my new one. all the current urls work, but for some reason, in the backend I am not getting an option to generate an url when creating new products. Old products dont even have the option to automatically generate them, only the categories are giving the option.

It passes all the installation checks but can not get it to work..any ideas what can be wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kal130 View Post
    I upgraded to 4.03 and imported my uris from another database to my new one. all the current urls work, but for some reason, in the backend I am not getting an option to generate an url when creating new products. Old products dont even have the option to automatically generate them, only the categories are giving the option.

It passes all the installation checks but can not get it to work..any ideas what can be wrong?
    4.04 I meant...

Plugin Contributions

For anyone expecting quick help from Conor, if you read back through this thread you'll see he was about to go for surgery and expects to be away for some time.

I can report the initial op went "as well as expected" but there is more yet to be done. Knowing Conor, he will probably be trying to persuade the nursing staff to give him a room where he can get online, but please be aware that in reality, it could be days or weeks before he is able to respond.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

4.04 I meant...
    Ok I figured out what was wrong and now it shows mapping information on the page where i create the products, on the preview page, it shows the correct mapping, but for some reason it does not insert it into the database.

I can use phpmyadmin and manually enter it and it works properly, but it no longer allows me to automatically put them into the database. Again, all checks came back successful..has anyone ran into this or can help?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

Try switching off Ceon URI Mapping and seeing if there is still a problem (Option in configuration menu).

I do have a small bug fixed in version 4.0.4 which may cause such behaviour (file being included when it should be excluded).. however, this ONLY affects very specific server configs (so far Apache on a local Windoze test server.. not on Linux).

If after switching off Ceon URI Mapping there is still a problem then I'm afraid then you've ruled out Ceon URI Mapping as being the source of the problem and would be better posting in GoDataFeed's thread.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    I ran into this same problem and turning off the htaccess file didn't change the problem but this is on my server so the mystery is still unsolved.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by teqbean View Post
    I solved the upgrade issue by re-uploading the files. Something must have not transferred properly the first time. Great software. Love it! Thank you!
    Yes, I was going to say that a problem must have occurred with your FTP software.

Glad you like the software!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Ok I figured out what was wrong and now it shows mapping information on the page where i create the products, on the preview page, it shows the correct mapping, but for some reason it does not insert it into the database.
    It sounds like you haven't made the changes to the modified files properly. The installation check is probably finding the changes it expects as it can only test some of the code and you probably, unluckily, changed just the part it tests.

Go through all of the modified files one by one again and make sure you have applied the modifications properly. Specially check the update_product.php file as it sounds like you've messed up with it.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Page 11 of 245 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast