Page 212 of 245 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2445
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

If they are the 2 html_output files, and you are using the files from github, in the readme you will see that those 2 files no longer require editing although the installer check script hasn't been adjusted yet. So you can ignore those 2 warnings. I have this running correctly on 1.5.5e, although it seems some other modification I did after has buggered up ezpages being rewritten, but that's for another post if I can't figure it out...

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

There are many other files that claim they need to be edited.

I have ceon set to "1". Adding products does not show the usual name your product url option either.

Plugin Contributions

For example, the first error I get is /includes/functions/general.php...
    A file requires 2 modifications to be made for it but none of the modifications have been made.

This file is the original dist and has never been modified. And the latest ceon URI does not have that file for 155e, although it is available for earlier ZC versions. So how in the heck can we modify it?

Plugin Contributions

Since the field for URI Mapping in the catalog/products addition is not even there, is it safe to say that the database wasnt modified?

Plugin Contributions

you have to modify a bunch of different files in admin/includes/modules for it to show up in the products and categories pages. I looked at the download from the plugins section and there is a copy of admin/includes/functions/general in there under the modified core files folder. I used the version from torvista's github. I don't believe there were a lot of file changes between 1.5.5a and e. But you can see what was changed in the change log in docs/changed_files-v1-5-5.html in the zen cart install directory.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    you have to modify a bunch of different files in admin/includes/modules for it to show up in the products and categories pages. I looked at the download from the plugins section and there is a copy of admin/includes/functions/general in there under the modified core files folder. I used the version from torvista's github. I don't believe there were a lot of file changes between 1.5.5a and e. But you can see what was changed in the change log in docs/changed_files-v1-5-5.html in the zen cart install directory.
    So not only do I have to guess which files have to be modified in a directory of 20 files, but I have to guess how to modify them? Does that make sense to anyone. If it were that simple wouldnt the author have done that a year ago?

Plugin Contributions

They are all drop in sections of code, you don't have to actually modify core code if I remember correctly. So it really shouldn't matter what version it is in the 1.5.5 series. It really isn't that hard to drop in the sections of code, they are very well marked and it doesn't take a coding professional to do it. Don't know why you are complaining, maybe you could update the files to 1.5.5e and send it to plugins to be updated and get your first contribution under your belt?

Plugin Contributions

So I had this working perfectly on my new updated site. ZC 1.5.5e, PHP 5.6.3. It all was doing as expected, but now for some reason my ezpages with internal links are not converting anymore even though they were to begin with. For instance, an ezpage for contact_us, with an internal link of index.php?main_page=contact_us was converted to /Contact-Us. When I went to that link it loaded the contact us page, just as expected. Now, on the site the link is showing as index.php?main_page=contact_us instead of Contact-Us. If I manually enter Contact-Us in the address bar it loads a page that says Contact Us in the main column but the rest of the main column is blank. I don't understand what's happened, what modification I did since installing this might have caused this issue. I have spent a number of hours reviewing my changes since installing this mod and can't find anything that would be responsible. I have changed to the default template, but that's not it. If I create new new ezpage that is a "regular" ezpage that has some html content and not an internal link, the rewrite works correctly. So it seems to be an issue with the use of internal links in the ezpage.

Has anyone come across this issue before?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    If it were that simple wouldnt the author have done that a year ago?
    Perhaps. But he died several years ago. His family has posted about getting back into updating his modules, but I'm not sure where exactly they're at with that today.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    So I had this working perfectly on my new updated site. ZC 1.5.5e, PHP 5.6.3. It all was doing as expected, but now for some reason my ezpages with internal links are not converting anymore even though they were to begin with. For instance, an ezpage for contact_us, with an internal link of index.php?main_page=contact_us was converted to /Contact-Us. When I went to that link it loaded the contact us page, just as expected. Now, on the site the link is showing as index.php?main_page=contact_us instead of Contact-Us. If I manually enter Contact-Us in the address bar it loads a page that says Contact Us in the main column but the rest of the main column is blank. I don't understand what's happened, what modification I did since installing this might have caused this issue. I have spent a number of hours reviewing my changes since installing this mod and can't find anything that would be responsible. I have changed to the default template, but that's not it. If I create new new ezpage that is a "regular" ezpage that has some html content and not an internal link, the rewrite works correctly. So it seems to be an issue with the use of internal links in the ezpage.

Has anyone come across this issue before?
    After much more trial and error, I have gotten the internal-linked ezpages to show the correct page when manually entered in the browser address bar and the breadcrumbs are also correct. But the ezpage header and footer links are still pointing to the dynamic URL instead of the rewritten one. What I noticed in the DB was it was entering page for the main page of the internal-linked ezpages. Having page in that column was only working for regular ezpages and they are displaying the rewritten link properly and going to the correct page. When I manually added them to the DB and used contact_us, about_us, etc in the main page it is working if I manually enter the URL in the address bar.

So now I just need to figure out why the links in the ezpage header and footer are showing the dynamic URL instead of the rewritten one. Any suggestions about where to look would be highly appreciated!
    Last edited by lankeeyankee; 19 Jun 2017 at 06:18 AM.