Page 237 of 245 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 2445
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

@mc12345678

There is always a solution, right?!

I reinstalled SitemapXML and that did the trick on the site which was the subject of the previous post - so it appears there must have been a bad or missing file in the original. (As a matter of interest I reloaded SitemapXML on another site still using USU but it made no difference to USU).

There is still the issue of the broken external incoming links - I suppose that means making a long, long list of redirects in .htaccess which is a bummer.

So thanks for all your help with this plugin - hopefully I will not need to impose on your time again (on this issue anyway )

cheers,
    Mike

p.s. just some feedback - I am experiencing that this site is very slow and the reply with quote button doesn't want to go anywhere, after about 4 minutes of circling I gave up and used reply to thread .... or is there a forum program mod to deter me from posting

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    @mc12345678

There is always a solution, right?!

I reinstalled SitemapXML and that did the trick on the site which was the subject of the previous post - so it appears there must have been a bad or missing file in the original. (As a matter of interest I reloaded SitemapXML on another site still using USU but it made no difference to USU).

There is still the issue of the broken external incoming links - I suppose that means making a long, long list of redirects in .htaccess which is a bummer.

So thanks for all your help with this plugin - hopefully I will not need to impose on your time again (on this issue anyway )

cheers,
    Mike

p.s. just some feedback - I am experiencing that this site is very slow and the reply with quote button doesn't want to go anywhere, after about 4 minutes of circling I gave up and used reply to thread .... or is there a forum program mod to deter me from posting
    NO. There is no need for an htaccess rewrite for any uri that exists to your ZC store now that you have this module installed. You simply need to know to where you would want that uri directed and as I indicated, use the instructions to enter a destination into the database. The same is true about your ezpages, etc...

As to the "button" I the first click is supposed to javascript a window to edit, the second click is supposed to navigate the browser to a new page and show the edit window. I sometimes have to reload the page for any of that to work, but it's usually a problem with my device not the site.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Some help please, I just did a new install on my test site running zc v1.5.5f, I am trying to go to the Installation Check page per the instructions and I get a blank page. The 1st debug log error was:
    Code:
     PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '?' in /home/sammirah/public_html/webstore2/zcadmin/includes/classes/class.CeonURIMappingInstallationCheck.php on line 2173
    I removed one of 2 ?? from the middle now it says,
    Code:
    PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/sammirah/public_html/webstore2/zcadmin/includes/classes/class.CeonURIMappingInstallationCheck.php on line 2173
    so I removed the 1 ; at the end and it still isn't loading that page. The site is still working fine but I can't move forward in the instructions. Now it says
    Code:
    PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected 'if' (T_IF) in /home/sammirah/public_html/webstore2/zcadmin/includes/classes/class.CeonURIMappingInstallationCheck.php on line 2175
    I am not going to remove anything until someone can tell me what I am missing. Below are lines 2173-2180:
    PHP Code:
                $path $old_file_or_dir['file'] ? $old_file_or_dir['dir']

if (
    file_exists($path)) {
                    if (!
    is_dir($path)) {
                        @
    unlink($path);
                    } else {

$this->_deleteDir($path);
                    } 

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sammirah View Post
    Some help please, I just did a new install on my test site running zc v1.5.5f, I am trying to go to the Installation Check page per the instructions and I get a blank page. The 1st debug log error was:
    Code:
     PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '?' in /home/sammirah/public_html/webstore2/zcadmin/includes/classes/class.CeonURIMappingInstallationCheck.php on line 2173
    Code:
    PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/sammirah/public_html/webstore2/zcadmin/includes/classes/class.CeonURIMappingInstallationCheck.php on line 2173
    so I removed the 1 ; at the end and it still isn't loading that page. The site is still working fine but I can't move forward in the instructions. Now it says
    Code:
    PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected 'if' (T_IF) in /home/sammirah/public_html/webstore2/zcadmin/includes/classes/class.CeonURIMappingInstallationCheck.php on line 2175
    I am not going to remove anything until someone can tell me what I am missing. Below are lines 2173-2180:
    PHP Code:

if (
    file_exists($path)) {
                    if (!
    is_dir($path)) {
                        @
    unlink($path);
                    } else {

} 
    Ok so I kept reading and found this to fix the 1st problem https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....64#post1348964

Now I can get to the appropriate page but it tells me about more errors

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sammirah View Post
    Code:
    Code:
    Code:
    PHP Code:

if (
    file_exists($path)) {
                    if (!
    is_dir($path)) {
                        @
    unlink($path);
                    } else {

} 
    Your code is different from what I have:
    PHP Code:
    $path = isset($old_file_or_dir['file']) ? $old_file_or_dir['file'] : $old_file_or_dir['dir']; 
    But even so, you could I think is better to use
    PHP Code:
    $path = (isset($old_file_or_dir['file'])) ? $old_file_or_dir['file'] : $old_file_or_dir['dir']; 
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    NO. There is no need for an htaccess rewrite for any uri that exists to your ZC store now that you have this module installed. You simply need to know to where you would want that uri directed and as I indicated, use the instructions to enter a destination into the database. The same is true about your ezpages, etc...

As to the "button" I the first click is supposed to javascript a window to edit, the second click is supposed to navigate the browser to a new page and show the edit window. I sometimes have to reload the page for any of that to work, but it's usually a problem with my device not the site.
    Hi mc12345678 - yes I must admit to having seen the instructions but cringed at seeing terms like 'create database table' etc ... however ... I will put some time aside and teach myself / practice creating and adding database tables - I suppose I simply just need to do it. In the short term I have activated a few critical redirects so other sites can find certain pages but will change them on the DB a bit down the track.

I'm happy with the the way the plugin works - I am now getting sitemaps generated as they should be! ..... and Googlebot is taking notice, crawling and indexing more pages already

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hi mc12345678 - yes I must admit to having seen the instructions but cringed at seeing terms like 'create database table' etc ... however ... I will put some time aside and teach myself / practice creating and adding database tables - I suppose I simply just need to do it. In the short term I have activated a few critical redirects so other sites can find certain pages but will change them on the DB a bit down the track.

I'm happy with the the way the plugin works - I am now getting sitemaps generated as they should be! ..... and Googlebot is taking notice, crawling and indexing more pages already

cheers,
    Mike
    Well, please read the entire sentence/section. There is no TABLE creation, it's a line within the table to identify all of the highlights necessary to properly direct/redirect a page request. All of the ZC dynamic information to get to the page as well as the static information directly related to the page to be loaded.

For any destination, there is to be one active uri with all of the rest set as inactive. The active uri is the one that search engines will get to know.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I was looking at some of the code in this module and noticed that variable declarations had been changed.
    For example,

Code:
    var $_clashing_mappings = array();
    has been changed to

Code:
    public $_clashing_mappings = array();
    This despite the fact that the original authors comments prior to the declaration are

/**
    * Maintains a list of any URI mappings for the Manufacturer which clash with existing mappings.
    * @var array
    * @access protected
    */

Shouldn't that have been changed to

Code:
    protected $_clashing_mappings = array();

Plugin Contributions

Some people asked me when the new CEON version for 1.5.6 which I announced for january will be finally released. Sorry folks, should not have mentioned a release date in advance. I got zero feedback on the Github version which is 95% finished, don't have the time at the moment to work on this. As it seems that the original CEON team is taking care again of their plugin I suggest that you are waiting for them to release this update.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I guess I'll be stuck with zc155f for a while. Cannot simply change thousands of indexed urls.
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison