Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some e-mails send out and others do not!

Both the order confirmation email and the extra copy of account creation email require you to enter the email address to send to....Without sounding stupid, you have checked those fields and emails are correct?

Plugin Contributions

Yep, I entered the e-mail adress in all places...

Because the account where the email is sent from ad the account it's sent to were the same, I even tryed changing the recieve adres to a web-based one outside my hosting and it didn't work again!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DKunev View Post
    My hosting company only supports PHP which is the method I've chosen!
    Um ... that's likely your problem.
    Many spam-detection engines will flag emails that originate directly from a PHP script on a server without any authentication.
    If you switch to SMTPAUTH and set up your email account's username/password/port/etc using the settings at the bottom of that same screen, then you'll bypass that category of flagging.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The problem is that my hosting company ONLY supports PHP as the transport method...

I don't really have a choise there...

The thing is that everithing worked fine a month ago wit the same settings!

Is there a way to override the emails sistem files in my instalation with fresh ones from a new zen install? Maybe something went wrong?!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The problem is that my hosting company ONLY supports PHP as the transport method
    No, that's not true.

You have an email mailbox, right? And you use a username and password to login to the mailbox for sending and receiving email, right?
    Choose SMTPAUTH in Zen Cart and tell Zen Cart the same username+password, and then Zen Cart will send emails from that mailbox, instead of the emails being sent from Apache+PHP on the webserver. That way they're authenticated and much less likely to look like spam.

The thing is that everithing worked fine a month ago wit the same settings!
    Okay, then since Zen Cart didn't change anything on your server, that means either you or someone with access to your server *did*. Most likely your hosting company changed something or their spam-detection engine got some auto-update that's trapping things that it didn't trap before.

So, you can either listen to us, or you can listen to your hosting company. Thus far it seems like you're only asking us, but listening to your hosting company. That's not going to solve anything.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Im not triyng to oppose your advice to waht my hosting says... I' just triygn to solve the email issue...

I talked before with the hosting and they said only PHP...

Never the less today after some tryouts:

Sending with SMTP on port 80 I get error: "The following From address failed: [email protected]" - no mail goes out!

Sending with PHP I get error: "Could not instantiate mail function. Please check Admin->Configuration->Email Options->Email Transport." - only probematic mail described above doesen't go out, all other mail is OK

Sending with SMTP on port 25 I get error: "SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host." - no mail goes out!

I oeverwrote the functions_email file with a fresh one... It didn't help...

I'm going to die... My shop is live and this is spoiling everithing!

Please help!

Plugin Contributions

I'm going to die
    No, you're not. You'll find that the people who might try to help are put off by constant "bumping" of your posts (which is against forum rules) and by hysterical reactions forseeing the end of the world as we know it. So calm down, drink less coffee.

Some hosts, a very few, do not provide SMTP services. If you have one of those then you are with the wrong hosting company. You said that you have no choice and have to stay with them - well, there's always a choice. It's up to you.

With regard to the PHP mail function I would normally say that a "cannot instantiate" message would indicate a corrupt file - but not in this case as some of your messages are going out.

How many emails are you trying to send at one time? Are the messages that do go out the first batch in the queue, or are they randomly intersperced amongst a list of messages? If the former then your host may well have a lmit on the number of emails that can be sent within a 1 hour period. If the latter - then I cannot explain that behaviour.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Vger!

Even If I try to send one of the problematic ones it doesen't go out... Normaly it's not more than two at a time one for the customer and my copy...

Stranger is that when a customer makes a new account his mail goes out but my doesen't...

I have a choise of other hosting companyes but i need to be shure that its their fault before i start a big change... and so far I don't know where the problem is?!

Why only some of the mail? Why did it work with the same configuration a month ago? I've tried changing all of the options and it didn't work... I'll have a conversation with my host again...

I just don't know...

Thanks aniway!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sending with SMTP on port 80 I get error: "The following From address failed: [email protected]" - no mail goes out!

Sending with PHP I get error: "Could not instantiate mail function. Please check Admin->Configuration->Email Options->Email Transport." - only probematic mail described above doesen't go out, all other mail is OK

Sending with SMTP on port 25 I get error: "SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host." - no mail goes out!
    What email program do you use to read and send emails on your own computer for that particular email address?
    In that program, you have to configure it to access the email server so that it can send emails. It's *those* same settings that you need to enter into Zen Cart.
    The SMTP Server name is the SMTP outbound email host address.
    The username/password are pretty clear.
    The SMTP Port Number is the same as the SMTP outbound email port address in your email program. Normally it's port 25, but if your host is using something else, you'll need to use that number instead. Sometimes 26 is available as an alternate.

Plugin Contributions

OMG DrByte!

I cannot explain how thankfull I am!!!!

I just changet to port 26 and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

THANK YOU a thousand times! YOU are the best!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12