Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Payment Pro, no 'Decline error"?

ver 1.3.9h

Have PayPal website payment pro

I have had a couple customers tell me they complete the payment form hit continue and it returns them back to the payment form, with No error message.

The problem is usually their bank declining the payment. However, they don't know this because the payment mod is not returning a Decline error ???
    site is
    www.cvtreasures.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Payment Pro, no 'Decline error"?

It can only display the error message if your template still has the code in it to display the errors. Oftentimes people decide that the $messageStack section of the various template files aren't doing anything so they just remove it, and then come complaining about the symptoms you describe.

Have you replicated the problem?
    Have you then tested the same thing using the default template instead of your custom template (assuming you've properly built your own custom template instead of editing the original template_default files)?

What exactly is the error that PayPal is sending back, according to the debug logs?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte,

We are the one building template for our friend's site www.cvtreasures.com and we didn't remove the $messageStack from our template because no beneficial purpose of doing that.

Upon further checking we realized that we used FEC (checkout) module in this site, and the related file is actually tpl_checkout_stacked.php

In this file I didn't see the standard zencart's $messageStack which are below:

PHP Code:
    <?php if ($messageStack->size('redemptions') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('redemptions'); ?>
    <?php 
    if ($messageStack->size('checkout') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('checkout'); ?>
    <?php 
    if ($messageStack->size('checkout_payment') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('checkout_payment'); ?>
    So I put that codes into this file (mod), not sure if this proper because I dont really inspect this mod deeper and how they work.

My conclusion that this issue has something to do with the mod it self, probably we can post in their support thread later for clarification

Perhaps you have other opinion?

Best regards!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not intimately acquainted with every alteration that mod has made to accomplish its goals, so can't comment on what it's doing differently.

A payment module written for the current version of Zen Cart should indeed set error messages into the 'checkout' messageStack. If it does that, then the code you posted is likely to show those messages properly.

So, if it's displaying no error message, then either no error message was trapped, or none was set to messageStack, or wasn't set to the 'checkout' messageStack, or the module isn't the one encountering the problem that's doing the redirect back to that page.

You'll probably need to do some code tracing to see what's breaking "where" and "why". Logs can be useful in that process too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm using the built in Paypal Website Payments Pro and Express Checkout modules, and I also do not get an error. Just returns me to the payment page with no error.

I have not modified the tpl_checkout_payment_default.php page, the messageStack code is there in the template_default/template/tpl_checkout_payment_default.php file.

I'm on 1.3.9d
    Last edited by infocom; 21 Oct 2011 at 01:52 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Apparently, we are having a similar problem. It's been happening for some time, though I just found out about it.

Message Stack shows some errors, like invalid CC number, and incorrect CCV code. However, when the billing address is incorrect, it comes back to the payment page with no error.

Also, I received an "Internal Error" when a cc had insufficient funds. That seams misleading.

Using paypal pro and express checkout.
    v1.3.9h
    http://www.divinelighting.com -- Super Orders 3.0 -- Ultimate SEO -- Quantity Discounts -- SitemapXML -- Image Handler -- Shipworks

Plugin Contributions

I find it doesn't show if the error code is 15005, but it works if it is 15006 or another error message. I don't see any reference to these error codes in the payment module though...

Plugin Contributions

Do you also have Fast Easy Checkout installed ? I think that may be the culprit

Quote Originally Posted by divinelighting View Post
    Apparently, we are having a similar problem. It's been happening for some time, though I just found out about it.

Message Stack shows some errors, like invalid CC number, and incorrect CCV code. However, when the billing address is incorrect, it comes back to the payment page with no error.

Also, I received an "Internal Error" when a cc had insufficient funds. That seams misleading.

Using paypal pro and express checkout.
    v1.3.9h

Plugin Contributions

Do not have Fast and Easy Checkout installed.

About the only mod we use that is active during checkout is Quantity Discounts by That Software Guy.

Still wondering why message stack does not show when AVS mismatch.
    http://www.divinelighting.com -- Super Orders 3.0 -- Ultimate SEO -- Quantity Discounts -- SitemapXML -- Image Handler -- Shipworks

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone had more luck with this. One of my sites has this issue. It is still 1.3.9h and there are no changes to the files in question. As numinix says the issue seems to occur just with 15005 errors and seems a bit intermittent. So a nightmare to reproduce...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast