Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default The email form on "contact us" can't submit, why?

Hi all... i need help making a contact us form work... i'm a noob in the zen world... i kinda need a tutorial, so i can understand how does it work and what are the options for.

ANY help would be much appreciated.

Greets.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do the Contact Us form work? Plz help!

Zen Cart comes with a contact us form that works.

If yours doesn't then there's a problem to be diagnosed. And that problem may be nothing to do with your contact us form, e.g. misconfiguration in your email settings.

But you haven't provided any details of the problem that's prompted your question. If you could do so, we'd have somewhere to start diagnosing it.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a lot for your reply, friend. Well... first of all, my contact form doesn't work. I'm running a TM template, so i don't know if it has the original core files... as far as my understanding of zen cart's override system goes, they seem to be the original ones.

I installed and configured the template with my knowledge of PHP and a lot of zen cart tutorial reading. So, my "problem" actually is that i can't find any tutorial about the contact form itself, precisely because it's supposed to be already working when you install zen cart

What i really want to do is understand how zen cart's contact form work, so i can learn more about this fantastic app and eventually end configuring it myself. I already know how php contact forms work in general, but as i'm a newbie into the zen world, i'm on the process of understanding zen cart's structure and that confuses me for the moment.

The options on the admin's email settings are not self-explanatory, and that confuses me too.

Hope you get what i'm trying to tell you. English is not my native language. If you could bring me some brief explanations or point me in a good direction would be tremendously appreciated.

Rod.
    Last edited by rabarrig; 4 Jul 2011 at 06:23 AM.

Plugin Contributions

The tutorial you're looking for doesn't exist. Maybe someday somebody will write one, but that's not going to help you diagnose your problem. And if you want to learn how Zen Cart works, I'd suggest that the contact page isn't the most representative place to start.

To diagnose your problem, try switching to the Classic template and sending a message through the contact us page.

If that works then it will tell you that the problem is with your template and you should contact TM. If it doesn't the problem is most likely with the email settings either in your Zen Cart or on your server.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    If it doesn't the problem is most likely with the email settings either in your Zen Cart or on your server.
    Thanks a lot for your answer, man. Do you know where i can find info about those settings (zen cart and server)? I think i can go on from there.

Greets.

Plugin Contributions

The Zen Cart email settings are cunningly hidden in the Admin > Configuration > Email Options menu. Those for your server will depend on how your server has been configured so are a question for your webhost.

Plugin Contributions

Default The email form on "contact us" can't submit, why?

Hi all, after searching for a whole afternoon I failed to find answers so what I can do is to ask questions here. I appreciate any of your advice.

The email form on "contact us" can't send email, the error messages are:

Sorry, is your name correct? Our system requires a minimum of 2 characters. Please try again.
    Sorry, my system does not understand your email address. Please try again.
    Did you forget your message? We would like to hear from you. You can type your comments in the text area below.

I can send email through amin-tools-send email (which means my admin-email options setting is right?) The question is customers and site-viewers can send email to me.

I find this question has been asked in the forum by some other guys. But either the reasons are not same (some are caused by https, but mine is not), or seemed not to be answered correctly.

The error page on my site is: http://www.auto-acc.info/index.php?main_page=contact_us

---relevant information---
    zen-cart version: 1.3.9h
    addons: ultimate seo urls
    hosting: godaddy shared hosting (linux)

Thanks in advance!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The email form on "contact us" can't send email, why?

Does it do this when switched to classic template? In your template directory /templates is the contact TPL there? Try renaming it, probably an old template.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Does it do this when switched to classic template? In your template directory /templates is the contact TPL there? Try renaming it, probably an old template.

~Melanie
    I use template "lite_grey". Would it be possibly to be renamed?

Plugin Contributions

Switch it to classic and try your form.....

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast