Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Is there an addon shipping module that...

Are there any addon shipping modules or combination of modules that will allow per item flat rate shipping with one rate each for domestic and international shipping? Right now every product has the same flat rate for domestic or international but I don't like that. Some items are cheaper to ship than others so I'm cheating the customers unless I refund part of their money via PayPal. I only need three sets of flat rates.

Can anyone help me, please?

I'm using Zen Cart v1.3.9h (latest updated version).
    My store is at http://d9s.co/shop/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there an addon shipping module that...

You can CLONE (make a copy) of the FLAT module, and then configure the clone to handle different zones and rates.

See FAIRESTCAPE's instructions here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115687
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the link! I'll try it out. That will solve one of my problems.

Only other problem I see is that the customer will have to choose the shipping rate themselves... I can foresee many choosing the wrong shipping option and having to reorder. I'm not sure how to get around that.

Plugin Contributions

You can build Zone Definitions and set the details to manage which countries/zones can use each of the shipping modules so that only 1 will show at a time ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You can build Zone Definitions and set the details to manage which countries/zones can use each of the shipping modules so that only 1 will show at a time ...
    I've got zones setup to domestic and international... what I mean is they'd see three different shipping prices (one for each product type) for either zone. I wouldn't have to worry about an international customer choosing domestic shipping but they may choose the wrong product shipping method.

Is anyone familiar with Etsy? It would be a dream come true to figure shipping like they do... which is basically what I'm asking about. I'm beginning to think this isn't possible...

Plugin Contributions

Zencart handles most shipping configurations pretty well - and if you configure your zones properly and apply them to shipping configurations, then customers checking out will only be able to select shipping options applicable to their stated shipping address.

Bear in mind that until a customer logs in, the system has no idea what their geographical location is - that is why (on the shipping estimator, for example) the system requests them to indicate a shipping destination. Once the system knows what the delivery address is, it will reveal only those shipping options that are configured for that address.

If your system is not filtering these options based on a stated delivery address, it just means you have not applied appropriate zone restrictions to a particular shipping method.

In his User Manual, Goh Koon Hoek explains how to set up shipping (and much more), so do yourself a big favour and get a copy... Click the banner ad at the top of this screen.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I've got my zones setup correctly. That's not my problem, please read first post. My problem is shipping three types of products with their own flat shipping rate. I want the customer to see only the rate that applies to the product(s) they've bought.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by D9Studios View Post
    I've got my zones setup correctly. That's not my problem, please read first post.
    I read it again and unfortunately you did not explain your needs very well - hence the answers provided by Ajeh and myself.

Quote Originally Posted by D9Studios View Post
    My problem is shipping three types of products with their own flat shipping rate. I want the customer to see only the rate that applies to the product(s) they've bought.
    Perhaps you should be looking at Per Item shipping.

The EASIEST shipping systems make use of a product's WEIGHT parameter, because the cart then totals up the weight and applies an appropriate fee.

You CAN, therefore, "manipulate" a module that uses product weight (Table - or the add-on ZoneTable module(s)) to achieve what you need.

Into the WEIGHT field of each product, type in a value - such as:

1 = for Product Type 1
    2 = for Product Type 2
    3 = for Product Type 3

... then, in the SETTINGS, give a shipping cost for each of the values 1, 2, and 3 (as you would if these integers related to KG or LBS).
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Apologies... scrap the above... it won't work in your situation... Look at PER ITEM systems instead. Try creating CLONES of that mod.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I'm pretty sure Ceon Advanced Shipper will do what you want out of the box - there's an online demo you can play with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast