Plugin Contributions

Default Salemaker applied discount only to disabled products?

I set up a sale using Salesmaker, and after selecting some categories, and ensure they were selected and updated, I inserted the sale.

The problem is I noticed only products that are disabled because the stock is 0 are the ones that receive the sale discount while the others are not updated ...

I have daily updates of each product status, does this affect how salemaker is applied? How can I ensure new products in the relevant category are applied the same sale discount?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Salemaker applied discount only to disabled products?

As I didn't receive any responses I totally deleted the Sale, and started from scratch this time making 3 separate Sales, but even then I run into a new problem, as in my notebooks category even though it's labeled 0.15%, when I list the products some had the discount while others don't?

Like this:

Categories / Products - Desktops & Laptops > Tablets > Android based

ID Categories / Products Model Price/Special/Sale Quantity Status Sort Action
    56112 Preview 10" Android Tablet DHMITRAVELER10 $236.01 0 Status - Disabled 0 Edit Delete Move Copy toAttribute FeaturesProducts Price Manager Meta Tags Undefined
    58157 Preview 10.1" Galaxy Tab 16GB DHGTP7510MAYXAB $581.80 0 Status - Disabled 0 Edit Delete Move Copy toAttribute FeaturesProducts Price Manager Meta Tags Undefined
    58190 Preview 10.1" Galaxy Tab 32GB DHGTP7510MAVXAB $668.25 25 Status - Enabled 0 Edit Delete Move Copy toAttribute FeaturesProducts Price Manager Meta Tags Undefined
    55686 Preview 10.1" MID w/Android OS TS 4GB DHMID10244G $314.80 386 Status - Enabled 0 Edit Delete Move Copy toAttribute FeaturesProducts Price Manager Meta Tags Undefined
    51768 Preview 7" 2GB Tablet & Color eReader DHR70E200 $176.91 18 Status - Enabled 0 Edit Delete Move Copy toAttribute FeaturesProducts Price Manager Meta Tags Undefined
    52276 Preview 7" MID w/Android OS 4GB DHMID70244G $199.07 761 Status - Enabled 0 Edit Delete Move Copy toAttribute FeaturesProducts Price Manager Meta Tags Undefined
    38812 Preview 7" Mobile Internet Device DHEGLIDE $191.68
    Sale: $162.93
    Save: 15% off 9 Status - Enabled 0 Edit Delete Move Copy toAttribute FeaturesProducts Price Manager Meta Tags Undefined
    56810 Preview 7" Mobile Internet Device 4GB DHMID70164G $171.98 453 Status - Enabled 0 Edit Delete Move Copy toAttribute FeaturesProducts Price Manager Meta Tags Undefined
    58872 Preview 7" Mobile Internet Device 4GB DHMID71254G $191.68 70 Status - Enabled 0 Edit Delete Move Copy toAttribute FeaturesProducts Price Manager Meta Tags Undefined
    49182 Preview 7" Mobile Internet Device 4GB DHMID70154G $169.00
    Sale: $143.65
    Save: 15% off 0 Status - Disabled 0 Edit Delete Move Copy toAttribute Features

As you see from above some products are listed with a 15% Sale, but this was applied to the whole category, so I don't understand why some products don't have it... I checked out the script that generates this, and the table, salesmaker, and in there, is just a listing of the category ids, that supposed to have this applied. However even though that is set, for some reason is not applied to all the products under that parent.

Plugin Contributions

Check the Product's master_categories_id ...

The Product's master_categories_id must belong to the Category that is on Sale ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

What you mean by master_categories_id, the parent_id?
    or the main category id?
    Last edited by icecold; 4 Sep 2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: add more info

Plugin Contributions

Products "belong" to a Category ... this is the immediate Category that the Product is in ...

The Categories all have categories_id ...

Products use the categories_id as their master_categories_id which says what Category "owns" the Product ...

Sale Maker uses this master_categories_id to determine what Products belong to the Categories on Sale ...

If you use "Linked Products", only 1 Category can "own" the Product ... the Category that "owns" the Product is the one used for the master_categories_id ...

If you place a Category on Sale with SaleMaker, but the Product uses a different categories_id for its master_categories_id then that Product will NOT be on Sale, based on the SaleMaker Sale ...

Only the Products using that Category as their master_categories_id will be on Sale ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

ok I fixed it!

I had to RESET all master categories ids and voila, it worked!
    I had a duplicate problem(many subcategories were duplicated and had products), so I had to MANUALLY assign products to a single category id, and then also manually delete the duplicate or duplicates of that category, once all products have been moved. I found this to be faster using direct SQL commands, and then used the interface to delete the categories from the admin.
    Last edited by icecold; 4 Sep 2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: mistype

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that you have this working now and for posting your solution to help out others ...
    Linda McGrath