Plugin Contributions

Default moving old store to new upgraded folder

I was using 1.3.8, and upgraded to 1.3.9h

no addons
    no major customization other that general stuff like background colors, etc.

i tried searching, and found answers to my other questions, but not this, but if its been posted, please direct me to that thread.

OK. so i downloaded and installed the new zencart. This time in vinyljunkiedistro.com/mailorder/ as opposed to vinyljunkiedistro.com where the old site was located (and hacked multiple times! which is what spurred this upgrade).
    Anyway, im trying to work on getting it up to speed, copying images over, and minor cosmetic changes that i made from old files into new files.
    if i go to the mailorder URL the site looks good with all the products, etc, just missing my logo and little edits like that. But i can go through the site, and checkout, etc. the database looks good and everything
    Problem is, i cant log in to the admin. I uploaded the configure files, but they point to my old admin folder and the old folders. So if i log in to the new install at mailorder/admin/login.php it just directs me to my old admin backend.
    When i tried to edit the configure files to point to /mailorder/images, /mailorder/admin/, etc it made it worse. Then i got a 502 error when i tried loading the shopping cart at vinyljunkiedistro.com/mailorder, and when i tried to pull up the login.php page for the new install, it brings up a white page that just says TITLE in the header bar.

i would like to make my store be vinyljunkiedistro.com/mailorder and not move all the files into the original install area.
    I dont know if i am missing something or not. I thought changing both of the configure files and just adding /mailorder/ on each line would do it. but whatever i am doing wrong, just makes it worse.
    please help if you can! thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: moving old store to new upgraded folder

i am an idiot, and had a / in front of the directory, when i did not need one.
    Stupid and frustrating.

I wish i could edit/delete this thread.

Forget this thread and let it die, the current issue i am having will be its own thread.