Plugin Contributions

red flag Paypal Express Checkout vs. minimum order module

Hi,

I have only Paypal Express Checkout payment module enabled on my site, and also the minimum order module installed.

When I place items in my cart, I notice on my shopping cart content page, there are two buttons to check out. One is "Go to check out", the other is "Check out with Paypal".

For testing purpose, I placed items lower than my minimum order setting (less than $50), and click on "go to checkout", and the page refreshes and stops on the same page telling the customer that "A minimum order of $50 is required in order to check out." And, I am fine with this.

However, when I try to check out with the same content (order total still below $50), and click on "Check out with Paypal", the page then automatically takes me to Paypal's payment processing page (even though there is no order summary shown).

My question is:
    How can I stops Zen cart from sending my customer to Paypal's site (giving the customer a false impression that they could make their purchase even when they are below the minimum order? Or, how could I leave only one "check out" button on my shopping cart page? I don't understand why when I only have one payment module enabled, I still get two different check out buttons. I think with two check out buttons will also confuse my customers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Miffy22
    Last edited by miffy22; 19 Sep 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express Checkout vs. minimum order module

To stop them from using that button, go into your ZC Admin->Modules->Payment->PayPal Express Checkout, and turn off the Express Checkout Shortcut Button option.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.