Plugin Contributions

Default Fedex Module APL dicontinued

I had some trouble with the Fedex Module today and needed a new meter number. I was told by the web service dept that no new meter numbers will be offered. This means no new users of the Fedex module will be allowed. The old API is supported til 2012 and so if you are an existing user, this won't be a problem til then.

I'd donate to anyone willing to implement the new API. I have twice supported the current module development. Its important to have.

Tom

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fedex Module APL dicontinued

Me too, for 1.3.8 - willing to donate for support on coversion

Plugin Contributions

I hope someone that understands the workings of code will come up with a new Fedex module before May 2012. We would also donate towards the cause. We have used the Fedex API module for about 5 years now for estimating shipping on our website.

I received a notice from Fedex in snail mail to the effect of: "This is an urgent reminder...All FedEx Ship Manager API will retire by May 2012...To continue submitting FedEx transactions through your website, you will need to use Fedex Web Services or a newer FedEx technology."

For any developers, you can find more info here: www.fedex.com/developer Select Tech Resources and then select "Get started with Fedex Web Services". I'm sure there are a lot of Zencart sites now that use the Fedex module, that would contribute for a programmer to build a free module that will work after May 2012 for existing API users as well as users that can't get a meter number (like Tomarriola above).
    [FONT=Fixedsys]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Yes it is for calculating shipping cost of cart contents. The module sends the total weight of the order (or cart contents) and the zip code provided by customer to Fedex servers to return an estimated ship cost.
    [FONT=Fixedsys]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Wow this is a huge problem for me right now. I just completed a site for a client and installed the numinix fedex web services module. He already has a fedex account but didn't have a meter no. I asked him to call fedex to get his meter number and they told him they longer give them out. My client only uses FedEx for shipping.
    Is there a module out there yet? I have not gotten a reply back from numinix yet. My client is really, really anxious to get this site online. What a deal stopper if new users can't use FedEx!

Plugin Contributions

Solved!
    It is still possible to get meter numbers via the FedEx website. You need to go to Fedex.com/developer, login in with your account and password (create an account if you don't have one).
    Go to technical resources, then web services, then Move to production, then obtain key.
    From there, select only for shipping, select corporate developer, then follow the prompts and your meter no. and key will be provided.
    Once I got the meter no., I simply added it to the module and It's now working.

Plugin Contributions

ordoro.com/howto/2011/03/11/what-is-a-fedex-meter-number-how-do-i-get-mine Here is a tutorial that walks you through the whole process.

Plugin Contributions

There is a FedEx WebServices module for shipping quotes, just not for labels.

It will continue to be supported after the old API goes away.