Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Royal Mail Basic UK Shipping Modules

toyseller, I'm clutching at straws at this stage, but it's not impossible that you have a common config that is importantly different to my test setups, and is triggering the problem.
    I've attached a modified rmairmail.php, hopefully successfully.
    If it attaches successfully try it and see if there's any change in your checkout .

Regards,

Chuck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Whoops, ignore the last attachment, it's got a 'dangling' parenthesis/bracket. Use this one instead. Sorry about that
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Hey !
    Guess what ....

Its now ..... Royal Mail Airmail (Delivery Weight : 1 package of 0.1089 Kg's): £3.90

Im so chuffed that this is sorted out .. cos I work from a printed order sheet when packing and always check against the packed parcel to see whether the weight is set correctly. It a bit of a pain checking the weight by adding the items to the cart and writing the weight on the sheet prior to packing.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone else have a problem with the shipping estimates not showing when the user is logged in ?

Estimates work fine when not logged in but logging in leaves only Store Pickup showing.

We are on Zen Cart 1.5 using your module for airmail and surface mail overseas and for 2nd class for the uk - rates have been changed to franking. For 2nd class mail the module is showing as yellow - which I believe means that a zone is selected.

The PayPal Express module is installed but told not to choose the cheapest method - I don't know if that is a factor.

The shop hasn't gone live yet and if you want to see what's happening the url is http://www.yas.org.uk/shop I'll be removing all test registrations before going live.

I hope you can help so Thanks :)

Sue

Plugin Contributions

Err, near as I can see, it works perfectly, logged in or not? I've just selected an item and added to cart, and checked the shiiping estimator changing between UK, Belgium and United States. Then I registered and repeated, changing my address country between those 3 and added Australia for good measure. All gave correct pricing?
    Some of these services have 2kg or so weight limits, are you sure you're not hitting those?

Plugin Contributions

I thought I had changed the limits - printed matter goes up to 5kg apart from Canada and Cambodia

I have just gone back in and it IS working perfectly - so now I feel very silly.

Thank you for your patience - and for your module :)

Plugin Contributions

Not at all, I'm glad it was that simple. Unfortunately the exclusions, exceptions, waivers, per country changes and so on are an absolute minefield with RM and Parcelforce.
    I've simply picked the 'middle of the road' and 'most common' settings, as it's impossible to cover every eventuality. e.g. the Franking machine prices rather than 'over the counter' ones.

Rgds,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

It's easy to fill in the prices when you have a good framework though

Thank you for providing it :)

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Question/Concern: I have a UK-based business, but many international customers. The shipping options offered to logged-in international clients limit the insurance possibilities to £46, which would not be sufficient to most customers. An example of an international checkout page can be seen here.

How can I also offer higher insurance options?

Thanks!!!

Plugin Contributions

Apologies Meltdown, I didn't get an email alert about your query. If I could answer your query in 2 parts,
    Firstly, the modules as supplied are configured for the options offered by Royal Mail and Parcelforce. We all have the option to arrange our own insurance coverage for any amount required.
    Secondly, in order to be offered insurance in excess of the default 'free' imsurance up to 46 quid, it's necessary to purchase something that costs more than 46 quid. The routines do their best to ONLY offer sensible and valid options to your customers. Offering you insurance up to 250 quid when the item costs 10, and free insurance is available for that does not make sense.
    When the value goes above the free limit the optional insurance will be offered in place of the free.

Hope that makes some kind of sense,

Regards,

Chuck

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast