Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Royal Mail Basic UK Shipping Modules

Isle of Man is usually UK for Royal Mail, what Royal Mail Service is being used, what weight is being reported, and what price is being quoted?

Rgds,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckl View Post
    Isle of Man is usually UK for Royal Mail, what Royal Mail Service is being used, what weight is being reported, and what price is being quoted?

Rgds,

Chuck
    Thanks for getting back to me - only by chance i noticed this - just testing to see if everything was working somewhere near right - and just randomly set the destination to IOM - here's an example - would normally ship this item 2nd Class @ £2.20...
    Available Shipping Methods Rates
    Royal Mail Airmail (Delivery Weight : 1 package of 0.315 Kg's (Ships normally within 3 to 5 days)) £6.76
    Royal Mail International Signed For (Delivery Weight : 1 package of 0.315 Kg's (Insured up to £46, ships normally within 3 to 5 days)) £11.91

Plugin Contributions

Yup it's using 'not in uK, but Rest of World' type rates. i.e Airmail and International Signed For.
    Have you added any Zones to the Basic Zen Cart install? If not, the IOM is probably being caught as Rest Of World as it's not defined in the Basic install.
    There are UK counties Zone add-ons in the Downloads section here that add all the UK counties and zones to ZC and allow this sort of 'fine grained' dissection :)

Hope that helps,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckl View Post
    Yup it's using 'not in uK, but Rest of World' type rates. i.e Airmail and International Signed For.
    Have you added any Zones to the Basic Zen Cart install? If not, the IOM is probably being caught as Rest Of World as it's not defined in the Basic install.
    There are UK counties Zone add-ons in the Downloads section here that add all the UK counties and zones to ZC and allow this sort of 'fine grained' dissection :)

Hope that helps,

Chuck
    Hi - don't think I've added anything - although my memory isn't foolproof - I notice Isle of man has ISO code of IM / IMN in the countries section - what would happen if the code was changed to the same ISO code as GB......?

Plugin Contributions

If I understood you correctly, you're saying that when you scroll through the countries in the ZC admin section you get an entry for the Isle of Man and it has an ISO country code of IM/IMN?
    I seem to remember that a 'well behaved' entry would have ISO codes of GB and IMN, but no matter.

If you DO have an entry under Locations/Taxes-Countries for the Isle of Man, you can either edit that directly, or you can edit each of the UK Royal Mail shipping modules you are using, and add that code.
    e.g. if your IOM entry only has a code of IMN, highlight the entry in Countries, and select the edit button. Change ISO code 2 to GB and ISO code 3 to IMN.

OR

Go to a Royal Mail UK ONLY shipping module under Modules-Shipping and edit it e.g. RM 1st Class Standard.
    Chamge the Valid ISO codes entry from GB to GB, IMN and save it. Repeat for any other UK modules, and it should now reflect the correct zonal shipping

Rgds,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Many Thanks - Now changed ISO code 2 to GB and ISO code 3 to IMN - seems to do the trick - just wasn't sure whether to alter one or both of the codes for IOM - so - it's IOM (code 3) situated in GB (code 2) - whatever - seems to work - although I'll have to keep an eye on any other possible errors in that country codes section...
    Thanks again - appreciate the fast response - not that I've any orders from IOM at the moment - nor from much of anywhere for that matter.....

Plugin Contributions

Glad that's sorted out, the zones can be very confusing. The Big Royal Mail add-on round about version 2.1 or so included an optional UK zones SQL script that added most UK counties and countries in a fairly logical form. i.e. England, Wales, Scotland etc were defined as being in the UK(GB), then the various counties were defined as being in the respective countries, and it worked fairly well.
    I think it was originally set up by Kevin Polley at Mutual Advantage for his UK template, but it's some years back, so don't quote me on that, but it worked very well.

The only other 'gotcha' that springs to mind for RM is the channel islands, as most of the shipping quirks come in when couriers are used.

Rgds,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

I've just had another quick look at this - the ISO codes for the IOM are:
    code 2 = IM and code 3 = IMN - so I took a look at one of the shipping mods - and this is what is there:

"Valid ISO Country Codes
    Comma separated list of two character ISO country codes that are valid destinations for this method (Default: GB)"

So - to correct the error properly - I would need to adjust all the shipping methods by adding IM to the valid countries ?
    I don't have time to do it just now - so will have to leave as is for the moment - also there may be others needing to be added (channel isles ?? )
    Cheers - Gordon.

Plugin Contributions

Hi - sorry to trouble anyone - I was just testing the estimated shipping cost for an item I have just added to the shop - the item is priced at £79.99 - the following is the estimated shipping result:

Royal Mail 2nd Class Standard (Delivery Weight : 1 package of 0.84 Kg's (Ships normally within 3 to 5 days)) £3.50

I really don't want to send this £79.99 item for that shipping cost - without insurance - I thought that shipping option would not be shown with that value above £46 ?

Anyone have any thoughts on where I may have missed a setting ??

Many Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

You're not missing a setting, just that you're not logged in to the store, so you're window shopping. Log in as a customer, add to cart and estimate shipping, or go to checkout, and the restrictions apply.

Rgds,

Chuck

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast