Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Royal Mail Basic UK Shipping Modules

Don't feel bad, it's not thick at all. I'd say just about every person who has ever installed Zen Cart has made that mistake. Just means you'll never make it again.
    I've done it at least three times, it's just a lot quicker to fix after the first time

Rgds,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Chuck, if I use this PD4 software, from what I've read on their website, you retrieve the orders on your on-line store via a link within your PD4 admin account. I presume when this happens the customer's won't be able to see on my website the shipping cost for their order nor know at the moment which courier will be handling their delivery.

Plugin Contributions

No idea I'm afraid, it was just a suggestion as to what might be possible for multiple Couriers. There's also this module in the downloads section

http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1389

that seems to do similar things. I don't know if they are active in the UK however. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I've never has a need for courier services. Perhaps one of the other UK users will chip in with a better overview

Rgds,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Errors found in the pricing in 2 of the updated modules - Airmail and Airsure.
    Airsure was 1 price, Airmail several from 0.5kg upwards.
    Amended copies in the attached zip file.
    Thanks to Kim for the alert & for flagging the Airmail error.

Chuck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Noticed Surface Mail has no icon.... looks a little messy on checkout.

Which .php holds the pointer to an image that does not exist?

Finding this mod ver usefull.. thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rizla,

Well spotted, It's just a copy of the shipping_rmuk.jpg icon, renamed to shipping_rmsurface.jpg in the images/icons/ folder.

It's defined in /includes/modules/shipping/rmsurface.php in line 47, so you equally change the name there to rmuk.

Zipped copy attached.

Rgds,

Chuck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

A star sir... Thanks for that!!

Rizla

Plugin Contributions

Hi can you tell me how & what I need to install, I have just downloaded the module & now not sure what to do with it, do I upload the whole file into my file manager? thank you for your help

Plugin Contributions

Hi Chuckl,
    I hope this is what I am looking for, as I have been struggling with shipping, I need prices to be calculated by weight, but at the same time any orders over £50 need insurance/tracking added on top for UK & global orders.

I have just downloaded the module you put together & now not sure what to do with it, do I upload the whole file into my file manager? I do not have a clue what to do, its been 2 months & still not finished my website....I'm clueless, spent hours reading on the forum & watching youtube clips, its driving me round the bend

thank you in advance!

Candice

Plugin Contributions

Hi Candice, we all felt that way when we first started setting up our sites, so hopefully we can set some shipping working on your site.

The modules all add Insurance etc automatically where it is available, and up to max values. It can be enabled or disabled on a per module basis.

Firstly, backup your website before you make ANY changes.
    Next, an overview -

if you haven't noticed already, your website is just a large collection of 'folders', or 'directories' if you prefer, containing a LOT of files, and arranged in a very specific structure or arrangement to all the other files.

So, if you unzip the Zen Cart distribution onto your local machine at home, and browse the resulting folder structure created, you' see that there are a number of 'top level' folders called 'admin', 'images', 'editors', 'includes' and so on.

If you browse the 'includes' folder, you'll see that there are files there, and lots more folders, 'auto_loaders', 'classes', 'functions', 'languages', 'modules' and so on.

And if you opened the 'modules' folder, you'd find more files and folders.

Similarly, if you unzip the basic UK Mail zip file on your local machine, you'll find a folder, called 'installation_files', you'll find two folders called 'images' and 'includes', which match two of the top-level folders above.
    If you open the 'images' folder, you'll find another one called 'icons', and if you open that, you'll find some .gif and or some .jpg files.

All this means is that you have the new UK Mail shipping files, and they have to be copied to your website, to the same folder and position as they are in the distribution folders. e.g. All the gif files above, in the /images/icons/ folder, must be copied to the website to the /images/icons/ folder.
    Similarly, you'll find more files waaaay down the folder structure, in the /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ folder. All these must be copied to the same folder position on the website.
    And finally, more files in /includes/modules/shipping/ must also be copied to the website.

That's it on the copying. All of the above are new files being added to your website.

Now on many servers you need to set the permissions, owner and group on all these new files, but there is no hard and fast rule, it depends on where your website is hosted, and what operating system is being used.

You'll then need to log on to the admin section of your website, as noted in the Readme file in the Basic UK Mail distribution zipfile.
    SET A POSTCODE!!
    Change the Tare settings to 10:0 or similar for testing, otherwise everything will be 3 units too heavy.
    Install whichever modules you require in Modules - Shipping.

Test.

And of course, shout if you get stuck.

Regards,

Chuck

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast