Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Royal Mail Basic UK Shipping Modules

Caska, I've never tested them in conjunction with a Zones module, as far as I remember, but I guess that would depend on a number of things-

What region does the store think you are in? First and second recorded are UK only. i.e. you need to be showing a Country Code of 'GB'.

What weight are the goods? second is 1 kilo I think, and First 10?

What value are the goods? Max value 46 quid.

And fairly obviously, are you sure the modules are correctly installed?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply. My answers below:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckl View Post
    Caska, I've never tested them in conjunction with a Zones module, as far as I remember, but I guess that would depend on a number of things-

What region does the store think you are in? First and second recorded are UK only. i.e. you need to be showing a Country Code of 'GB'. GB

What weight are the goods? second is 1 kilo I think, and First 10? [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]less than 1kg[/COLOR]

What value are the goods? Max value 46 quid. [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]less than 46[/COLOR]

And fairly obviously, are you sure the modules are correctly installed? [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]I've followed the attached instructions to the dots..[/COLOR]
    I've attached a screenshot of admin settings on the RM second recorded. Really not sure why it didn't work.. Do I need to change anything else aside than drop-dragging the mods to the their path?

Plugin Contributions

Caska,
    The Basic Mail modules are intended to be as simple as possible to install, to the extent that one can take a newly installed site, install the modules, define a store location and modify the default package tare, and the modules will work.
    In the case of the RM first and second class postage, this means that any location recognisable as being in country code 'GB' is a valid destination. As long as the weight and value are within the regs, it will give a price.
    The error message implies that your selected destination is not in the UK, or no destination has been defined?, which suggests that either some zone definitions have moved some destinations out of the UK/GB, or another module is blocking the use of the basic mail modules.

Plugin Contributions

Afternoon all

Chuck - thanks for your efforts with the module.

I had a test run on a fresh zen install and managed to get it working no problem.

I installed it on my pre-live website and have had some trouble getting the module working.

The issue Im having is that Zen cart doesnt seem to be detecting that the "rmfirstrec" module is operational, at the end of the checkout in the "estimate shipping" I dont get any postage methods showing.

If I attempt to check out,

Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.

Admin Set up is curretnly using the
    I have today set up a new "zone" called Halifax, which I added to the United Kingdom Country code, and my store is now added to that zone in config>my store> Zone

Only mail add on enabled is
    "Royal Mail 1st Class recorded v2.2.2"
    Running ver 1.39h

test.italianhampers.co.uk

I am tearing my hair out, have been troubleshooting all day now, can anyone give me any pointers?

Plugin Contributions

Fixed - all my catalogue items are in grammes, but the mod assumes the weight values are kg, hence a packet of coffee was weighing in at 250kg!

Plugin Contributions

Glad it's fixed :)

The places to look if no shipping is given are the zones/countries defined, and where the shipping destination in the scheme of things, the price of the shipment, and the weight of the shipment. That's it. When testing I usually have something like 'Store Pickup' defined. so that there is always a shipping display available to review the ettings

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Royal Mail Modules

Hi all, just getting back into the online store and seen the basic uk mail mod which looks great but will this work in 1.5.0 as ive just done a fresh install?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Royal Mail Modules

Hi there TrulieB, yes all the testing I've sone says that it will work fine. I haven't done huge amounts with the release but there was a LOT of testing on the release candidates, without any trouble. The only gotchas are exactly as noted on the earlier versions, i.e. all the 'obvious' stuff that we all miss.

Shout if you have a problem, I've just moved so internet access is a bit spotty at the moment, but I do check every couple of days

:)

Plugin Contributions

M16chap, glad you got it sorted, been there, done that myself on a number of occasions. Sorry about the delay getting back to you on your initial post. Internet connection is very dim and distant Openzone wifi at the moment, and decidely intermittent.

Plugin Contributions

My installation of Royal Mail Basic works as a dream on my website.
    However, I haven't found out how to applied them on the Shipping Generator in Google Checkout.
    If anyone who uses Google Checkout and Royal Mail Basic could help, it would be great.

Kim

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast