Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Royal Mail Basic UK Shipping Modules

Hi - I'm getting the following error:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_PARCELFORCE48B_COMPENSATION_ in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/domain.com/includes/modules/shipping/parcelforce48b.php on line 161
    I've tried reloading the mod but to no avail. Any idea what I've done, or not done?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MeltDown View Post
    Hi - I'm getting the following error:

I've tried reloading the mod but to no avail. Any idea what I've done, or not done?

Thanks!
    Sorry, I see that this is addressed (somewhat) earlier in the thread.

Plugin Contributions

Question concerning the unit of weight used: Because my product lines tend to be quite small and/or lite, i.e. glass beads, ribbons, etc., I am currently using grams (gr) as my unit of weight. To use this add-on the recommended unit of weight is kg.

Am I correct in assuming that I would need to update the weight of each product individually? For example: A current Shipping Weight of 4gr would need to be updated to 0.004kg, correct?

If indeed this is the case, is there a more efficient way of doing so, say a sql patch, rather than physically altering hundreds and hundreds of individual items? Or could I continue using grams but alter how the add-on uses the weight unit?

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Meltdown, the 'constant' error is a quirk of the PHP version running on the server. I tried various fixes, but haven't yet found anything that 'fits all'. Easiest is simply not to copy the Parcelforce 48b files onto the server if you're not using them. Once installed, it goes away.

You are 'sorta' correct on the weights and such, but I think, missing a fundamental point or two. Firstly, Zen Cart doesn't care what your weight units are. They are simply 'units'. From what you say, on your store, you have settled on grams.
    Equally, in setting up this module, I settled on Kgs. Rather than editing hundreds of products in your store, you should probably be looking at minor changes to the mod. (Don't raise the bridge, lower the river...)
    You could add a factor in the code in the shipping methods you're using to divide your 'incoming weights' by 1000 to get kg. 'on the fly', but I'd suggest editing the price strings for the methods you use to be in grams, and change the units in the /languages/english/modules/shipping folder for those methods, to also show 'grams' in the shipping estimator and checkout.

Hopefully that explanation is not too convoluted.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

If ALL your weights are currently expressed in GRAMS, and the DIGITS used are whole numbers, then you can run a SQL PATCH that will DIVIDE all your product weight values by 1000.

When you have done this, you will need to edit your english.php LANGUAGE FILE to change the LABEL for your weight unit from g to kg.

SQL patch:

UPDATE products SET products_weight = (products_weight / 1000);

You can run this through your ADMIN >>> TOOLS >>> INSTALL SQL PATCHES

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fairestcape View Post
    If ALL your weights are currently expressed in GRAMS, and the DIGITS used are whole numbers, then you can run a SQL PATCH that will DIVIDE all your product weight values by 1000.

When you have done this, you will need to edit your english.php LANGUAGE FILE to change the LABEL for your weight unit from g to kg.

SQL patch:

UPDATE products SET products_weight = (products_weight / 1000);

You can run this through your ADMIN >>> TOOLS >>> INSTALL SQL PATCHES
    Beautiful piece of work! The patch performed perfectly. Thanks to you both!!

Plugin Contributions

Just a quick Heads-up that there is a release candidate of the 2012 pricing available in the Plugins/Downloads section. Please report any funnies/errors you spot while using it.

Changes include all known (by me) changes to pricing and methods for 2012 including -

Standard Parcels insurance above the basic insurance (46 quid) removed.
    New airmail zone added for airmail & Int Signed for. Country lists may be incomplete.

VAT sprinkled all over the place, where possible. There are some really nasty changes, where a service is free of VAT unless additional insurance is required, at which point the WHOLE cost attracts VAT.
    The experimental Parcelforce 48B module has been considerably enhanced and updated.
    International insurance is noted as 'may be 250 or 500, depending on destination'. No other details available. Parcelforce have similar caveats on some countries.

Plugin Contributions

Im still trying to get anything other than "Royal Mail Airmail (): £8.50" to appear on my order form or customer email for the Airmail module
    ie. nothing appearing between the brackets ... although the bracket wording is appearing correctly on the screen

But have since posting my problem I have copied up the Airsure and International Signed modules for this add-on and these are both passing the weight through to the order form

ie. Royal Mail Airsure (Delivery Weight : 1 package of 0.1089 Kg's): £3.90
    and Royal Mail International Signed For (Delivery Weight : 1 package of 0.1089 Kg's): £9.05

Plugin Contributions

toyseller, if the others are displaying correctly, it means that there is nothing strange about you template setup, so other than a mis-copy of the files to the server, of file corruption, the only thing that can affect that is if 'Display Weight' is set to False for the module.
    Essentially the code is identical in the modules, so there's not much that can cause it that wouldn't affect all the modules.

Check if that is the case in Admin-Modules-Shipping for the Airmail module. If so, Edit, and set it to True.

Regards,
    Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Enable RM Airmail = True
    Tax Class = --none--
    Sort Order = 8 ... nothing else set to 8 within shipping
    Minimum weight to ship = 0
    Maximum weight to ship = 2
    Split shipments on maximum weight to ship = False
    Minimum value to ship = 0
    Maximum value to ship = 150
    Split shipments on maximum value to ship = False
    Display delivery weight = True
    Display Insurance = False
    Display delivery time = False

These are the values Im using. Also, I have another website with different template behaving in exactly the same way.

Is there something I can put in the code to display the values of the fields ? Im not a php programmer, so not sure what to use or where to find any debugging displays.

Also, wondering if any of the values that are set elsewhere in Admin are causing a problem.

Its strange that the wording is appearing on screen but not in order or email ... as would expect all 3 places to either work or not work.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast