Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express Checkout - Shipping Address Issue

The GitHub repository has changed: https://github.com/webchills/zencart-de-paypal-express

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
    Hi Sensei,

I missed your data request on this one. Opps. Anyway hope this helps.

My Answers:

1. PayPal (API)
    2. UK (GBP ONLY)
    3. I do not use Zones. Zones has been removed (commented out) from my template.
    4. UK & GBP Only
    5. UK Always

During testing I note. PayPal do not ask or hint address will be changed anywhere, no matter what Zen Cart is set to (confirmed address etc) they just simply change the address for delivery.

Also point to note: In the UK unless you use a confirmed PayPal delivery address you are not eligible to Payment Protection. Zen returns "Protection Eligibility: Ineligible" on every payment since the fix here.

I hope this helps.

Regards

SpaceMonkey
    Thanks.
    It would be nice to also hear from the others who had been engaged in this discussion, else I can't guarantee anything to address this will be included in the next ZC release, thus making upgrading more difficult for those who have mangled their code using the changes people have posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I've re-read through this discussion and looked at the repo posted by webchills. I'm grateful that webchills posted the code for others to access and use. There are some changes in it that might negatively impact North American stores, but I'm trying to find a way to incorporate the relevant fixes so everyone can benefit from one common solution.

I'm revisiting this issue because in a bunch of testing I've been doing this week while upgrading the API for the current PayPal Express Checkout code I discovered that all my tests did indeed reveal that the store's customer address was correctly passed to PayPal and in the PayPal screen it says "you must go back to the store if you want to change the address on this order". So, since lat9 mentioned this same thing in an earlier reply to this discussion it got me thinking that maybe this "problem" is specific to UK (or perhaps broader european) merchants. My tests this week have been with US and Canadian stores using US and Canadian addresses.

I'd be grateful if those of you who've had this problem could provide some more information:
    1. Is your PayPal EC module set to use "PayPal" API mode or "Payflow-UK" mode? (Normally it would be "PayPal", even for UK merchants, unless you're using certain Payflow features in conjunction with Payments Pro) (I'm not suggesting you change the mode, just asking which mode you're using.)
    2. In Admin->Configuration->My Store, what Country and Zone are you configured to use?
    3. Do you have zones for every province/state/region your customers might use? (ie: equivalent to US states or Australian provinces)? Or do you always have the customer enter their zone freehand?
    4. For your PayPal account, what country is your store's PayPal account domiciled in? What's its default currency set to?
    5. You indicated you did some testing and had troubles with old addresses in your "customer" PayPal account. What country is *that* PayPal account domiciled to?

Summary of questions:
    1. PayPal mode vs Payflow-UK mode
    2. Store's country+zone
    3. Customer addresses: must choose from defined zones? or do they always manually "type in" their province/zone/county name?
    4. Store's PayPal account's "country" and default currency
    5. Customer's PayPal account's "country"

This information (and anything else you can add) will help me try to recreate the symptoms. If I can consistently recreate the problem, then a solution can be confirmed. Otherwise it's mostly guesswork and that hinders progress significantly. So, the more info you can provide to help me recreate your same symptoms (ie: list of addons installed, configuration settings that make your store different from a typical US store, etc) the better.
    Thanks!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Having a issue when a customer has a middle name or a middle initial, for some reason the module drops the last name, for example if a customer has a name as XXXX Y ZZZZZZ or XXXX YYYY ZZZZZZ, the ZZZZZZ don't get imported into the orders ship to database but if the payment has first name , last name it works just fine.

How can I fix this?

Plugin Contributions

1. Is your PayPal EC module set to use "PayPal" API mode or "Payflow-UK" mode?
    API

2. In Admin->Configuration->My Store, what Country and Zone are you configured to use?
    Zone: Niederösterreich

3. Do you have zones for every province/state/region your customers might use? (ie: equivalent to US states or Australian provinces)? Or do you always have the customer enter their zone freehand?
    Store is not using the zone dropdown or zone input field as it is not necessary

4. For your PayPal account, what country is your store's PayPal account domiciled in? What's its default currency set to?
    Default Currency Euro

5. You indicated you did some testing and had troubles with old addresses in your "customer" PayPal account. What country is *that* PayPal account domiciled to?
    Austria, Germany, France, happens for various countries

Plugin Contributions

Any progress or plans to fix this issue?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I am facing the same issue - (customers having there shipping address changed to the billing address entered in Paypal).

1. Is your PayPal EC module set to use "PayPal" API mode or "Payflow-UK" mode?
    API

Zone: 190

3. Do you have zones for every province/state/region your customers might use? Or do you always have the customer enter their zone freehand?
    Store is not using the zone dropdown or zone input field as it is not necessary

Default Currency: NZ$

I am currently running 1.5.4, I see that there have been changes made to Paypal express checkout in 1.5.5, do these changes address/fix this issue?

Thanks,

Mike.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mikecnz View Post
    I see that there have been changes made to Paypal express checkout in 1.5.5, do these changes address/fix this issue?
    The changes in 1.5.5 do not address or fix this issue.
    As long as there is no better solution you can use the modified files from here:
    https://github.com/webchills/zencart-de-paypal-express

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by webchills View Post
    The changes in 1.5.5 do not address or fix this issue.
    As long as there is no better solution you can use the modified files from here:
    https://github.com/webchills/zencart-de-paypal-express
    Thanks for this webchills.

How does using this code affect merchants in the event of fraud?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OldToot View Post
    How does using this code affect merchants in the event of fraud?
    As far as I know the Paypal seller protection is only valid if you ship to the buyers PayPal shipping address. So yes this code is affecting this.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I will try the settings recommended by webchills. I'm in the USA but my customers are having a hard time with checkout ever since I upgraded to the latest ZC. The address settings in the PayPal module have been an issue all - along but it seems to be worse now.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast