Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express Checkout - Shipping Address Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    I can see the frustration of people in this thread, as I feel frustrated too that Paypal does not do this. But that's the way the Cookie Crumbles and I fully support what Dr Byte has said by saying 'ask paypal'. In other words, when calling Paypal about this issue, talk to the wall.
    Hi Nick,

The work around solution (patch) available on github does work. However use with extreme caution as PayPal will not uphold the Sellers Protection if this patch is applied.

I agree this is a really annoying issue and also agree that this is a PayPal issue.

I can confirm that you would get a better reply talking to the wall as PayPal won't listen. The correct field is populated when transferred to PayPal but comes back as the customers validated address held with PayPal every time.

Good luck and please post back if you discover anything new.

Regards

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Belangers View Post
    The developers at Zencart, or who write these haven't been losing thousands per month with this issue, we are.
    Open offer to anyone "losing thousands per month" - please contact me; I'll fix the issue you have for a flat rate of 10% of your estimated annual losses for the past 12 months. It's a win-win!!
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Has this issue been fixed? Since getting Zen Cart updated recently customers have been complaining address is not one they entered, and is the address being taken from PayPal? I went to use webchills fix but it says it has been taken down

Hi Guys,

I just want to add that I am also experiencing the same issue in a UK store using. In essense it does not matter what address the customer uses in Zencart to checkout as when paypal opens up it is defaulted to whatever address is in the customers paypal. I have purchased from other stores that ddo not ask for an address in the paypal menu. Is there a way to turn this off?

I have now had a few customers get very angry when the delivery address has been wrong, when in reality it has defualted to there address on paypal.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

I haven't yet had trouble since our shop is not live yet, but it occurs to me something appears to odd:
    I understand that Paypal (when I communicated with them about letting customers in Japan check out without a Paypal account) will not uphold any claims if customers are permitted to check out without having a Paypal account. That is Paypal's right, per country and depending on the circumstances as they see fit.

However, when they do validate a customer (with or without a Paypal account), my expectation is that they validate the customer's name and Zen Cart billing address against the registered credit card name and billing address for that customer in Paypal.

How does that billing address have anything to do with the shipping address in Zen Cart? Once the validation is done, and the flow returns to Zen Cart, is the shipping address not decided regardless of the payment authentication flow?

If not, that sounds to me like a flaw in the module. But then, I admit I do not know how the API is required to be set up to satisfy Paypal's verification procedures.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678