Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Express Checkout - Shipping Address Issue

Zen cart: v1.3.9b

I currently have an issue with the Paypal Express Checkout Module on a certain website. Basically the issue occurs when a user checks out in the normal manner, ie:

- Shipping Address
    - Billing Address
    - Confirm Order
    - Customer sent to Paypal for payment

However, it doesn't matter what shipping address is entered, it is always over-ridden by the address held in Paypal when the order is sent back to the zen cart system.

Is there some sort of flag which needs to be turned on in a payment module file to send the shipping address? Any help would be much appreciated

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express Checkout - Shipping Address Issue

Have you tested this in v1.3.9h? There were numerous updates to all the PayPal code in v1.3.9c, d, e, f, g, and h.

Also, be sure to answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section of the screen which appears when you click Reply below.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by webhorizons View Post
    Zen cart: v1.3.9b

I currently have an issue with the Paypal Express Checkout Module on a certain website. Basically the issue occurs when a user checks out in the normal manner, ie:

- Shipping Address
    - Billing Address
    - Confirm Order
    - Customer sent to Paypal for payment

However, it doesn't matter what shipping address is entered, it is always over-ridden by the address held in Paypal when the order is sent back to the zen cart system.

Is there some sort of flag which needs to be turned on in a payment module file to send the shipping address? Any help would be much appreciated
    Apologies for raising this post up again, however I have searched the forum and I am unable to find an answer to this problem!

As explained by webhorizons zen cart is not sending the shipping address to Paypal. The billing address the customer enters in zen cart is instead taken as the delivery address on the Paypal page. However when the customer enters their credit card and address details on Paypal this over rides everything and is sent back to zen cart as the customers delivery address.

I am using version 1.3.9h - At first I thought it may have something tod with the address over ride setting however this is set to 1 (extract of paypalwpp log shown below):

PHP Code:
        // If the customer has changed their shipping address,
          // override the shipping address in PayPal with the shipping
          // address that is selected in Zen Cart.

if ($order->delivery['street_address'] != $_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info']['ship_street_1'] && $_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info']['ship_street_1'] != '') {

$_GET['markflow'] = 2;
            if ((
    $address_arr $this->getOverrideAddress()) !== false) {

// set the override var

$options[COLOR="Red"]['ADDROVERRIDE'] = 1;[/COLOR]          // set the address info

$options['SHIPTONAME']    = $address_arr['entry_firstname'] . ' ' $address_arr['entry_lastname'];

$options['SHIPTOSTREET']  = $address_arr['entry_street_address'];
              if (
    $address_arr['entry_suburb'] != ''$options['SHIPTOSTREET2'] = $address_arr['entry_suburb'];

$options['SHIPTOCITY']    = $address_arr['entry_city'];

$options['SHIPTOZIP']     = $address_arr['entry_postcode'];

$options['SHIPTOSTATE']   = $address_arr['zone_code'];

$options['SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE'] = $address_arr['countries_iso_code_2']; 
    Is there any other file/setting that I should be checking?

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone have an answer to this problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's working as designed. PayPal only accepts submission of one address. They treat that as the shipping address.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It's working as designed. PayPal only accepts submission of one address. They treat that as the shipping address.
    Thanks DrByte but I am totally confused now. So are you telling me when the customer changes their delivery address in Zen cart they must do this again on the Paypal payment page?

Why does the code state it will over ride Paypal's shipping address?
    [SCR] // If the customer has changed their shipping address,
    // override the shipping address in PayPal with the shipping
    // address that is selected in Zen Cart.
    [/SCR]

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone on here get zencarts delivery address to override paypals?

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte,
    That is completely untrue. PayPal does not use the shipping address, in PayPal express, they use the credit cards billing address to compare to the billing address given by the web vendor so they could look and see if the same address is given for the use of the fraud check that they perform.

The answer that has been given since 2004 is complete nonsense, and is a cover up for a miscoded express PayPal module.

First off, if you buy and ship to your own address, this is fine, it is comparing the correct address.
    Second, if a customer decides to enter their credit card without having a PayPal account, the address used to check should be the billing address, not the shipping address. PayPal has confirmed with me last night that the system is flopped around, and I could send you the copy of the PayPal support email if you'd like.

If I were the customer, and had a credit card that was set up with a billing address from 10 years ago or better (where they allowed you to set the billing address as a po box) then the shipping address would have to be different.

PayPal does not compare the shipping address of where the item is going to your credit cards billing address. In this example, the payment processor would receive the shipping address as the billing address, and the card transaction would be denied as a fraudulent attempt.

The billing address needs to be sent to the PayPal page period.

How is this done with PayPal express, I have grown tired of seeing the same posts over and over which the answer is the same from you, and still 100% wrong. There has to be a code fix that will allow the billing address to be forwarded to PayPal, and only the billing address, even if the item is shipping to another country.

PayPal does not see where the package is going, they strictly use the address for matching of the billing address to see if the customer using the card has matched the correct billing information in the shopping cart system. If it matches, then they accept the purchase after the card fraud check is complete. They do not the shipping address to perform a fraud check. Nobody in this world would be able to send a gift to another person anywhere on the planet during Christmas time if this were true.

As a matter of fact, here is the copy of the support email.. Maybe you will actually believe this instead of listening to yourself answer the same thing over and over since 2004..

Subject:
    addresses being flopped by shopping cart [Incident: 120925-000581]
    "PayPal Merchant Technical Support" <[email protected]> (Add as Preferred Sender)
    Date: Tue, Sep 25, 2012 10:15 pm
    To: [email protected]

Recently you requested assistance from PayPal Merchant Technical Services. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Subject
    addresses being flopped by shopping cart

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (Tracy) 09/25/2012 07:15 PM
    Hello Marc Belanger,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

During our conversation, you did a test checkout. While going thru your checkout, you determined the address change was not sent to the next page of the cart correctly. Please take screen shots of each page in the cart and pass this to your web developer who can further assist you. It appears some variables have been swapped and the IT professional can unravel this issue and correct it for you.

If you have any further questions or concerns about integrating PayPal with your web site, please feel free to contact us again at: 1-800-852-1973, reply to this ticket, or go to https://paypal.com/integration

Sincerely,
    Tracy
    Developer Technical Support
    PayPal, an eBay Company
    Customer By Phone (Entered by Tracy)

Plugin Contributions

Hi, the problem is solved now?
    I am still facing this problem. How can I solve if it coded by Paypal. :)

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Shawon Das View Post
    Hi, the problem is solved now?
    I am still facing this problem. How can I solve if it coded by Paypal. :)

Thanks
    Hi,

No, this issue is still present and causes a few problems for some of my busier stores. Depending on your version Webchills has posted to GitHub a working resolution which can be found on the link below.

I suggest have a good read of this post before applying the patch as your zen settings have a lot to do with PayPal functions. As for this being a PayPal coded issue this workaround works for my stores where it has been applied. On GitHub look in the folder named GEAENDERTE DATEIEN for your version and then either download or copy the patch. In essence it is a case of modifying code from your paypalwpp.php

https://github.com/webchills/zencart-de-paypal-express

Anyway I hope this helps.

Regards

SpaceMonkey