Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express Checkout - Shipping Address Issue

Hi, the problem is solved now?
    I am still facing this problem. How can I solve if it coded by Paypal. :)

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Shawon Das View Post
    Hi, the problem is solved now?
    I am still facing this problem. How can I solve if it coded by Paypal. :)

Thanks
    Hi,

No, this issue is still present and causes a few problems for some of my busier stores. Depending on your version Webchills has posted to GitHub a working resolution which can be found on the link below.

I suggest have a good read of this post before applying the patch as your zen settings have a lot to do with PayPal functions. As for this being a PayPal coded issue this workaround works for my stores where it has been applied. On GitHub look in the folder named GEAENDERTE DATEIEN for your version and then either download or copy the patch. In essence it is a case of modifying code from your paypalwpp.php

https://github.com/webchills/zencart-de-paypal-express

Anyway I hope this helps.

Regards

SpaceMonkey

Plugin Contributions

Hi SpaceMonkey,
    Thanks for your reply.
    it's cool. Did you try yourself? my store version is 1.3.9h
    Should I replace the file? any idea?

If I replace the file to new codes, i will need to configure the PayPal integration again?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Did you try yourself? my store version is 1.3.9h
    Should I replace the file? any idea?
    Honestly I don't know about v1.39. I only started with Zen at v1.51 and have never needed to go any further back.

But otherwise yes, I have applied this fix to several stores v1.51 through to v1.55.

If I replace the file to new codes, i will need to configure the PayPal integration again?

Thanks.
    No, the configuration should be fine as stored in the DB. But as always if you try something >MAKE A BACKUP FIRST<.

Good luck.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Can you check your inbox please?
    I have send you a message to have your skype. Need your help. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Can you check your inbox please?
    I have send you a message to have your skype. Need your help. Thanks
    Hi,

Sorry I missed your messages. I didn't receive notification for PM's. I think I have done that setting now.

As for Skype details, that won't be possible, I don't use it at all! Sorry.

I don't think there is anything here that needs to be private. I will try to help where I can & use the forum so others can benefit in the future without having to go over the same things again and again.

Have you attempted the patch yet? Have you updated your Zen version? How did you get on?

Regards

Plugin Contributions

my store version is 1.3.9h
    This is a very old version of Zen Cart. IMHO, fixing it is counter-productive. It's just going to continue to be to old.
    Take a look at https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading and try getting up to the latest version.
    You'll have to enter your paypal credentials in the new version but you will be up to date across the board.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    my store version is 1.3.9h
    This is a very old version of Zen Cart. IMHO, fixing it is counter-productive. It's just going to continue to be to old.
    Take a look at https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading and try getting up to the latest version.
    You'll have to enter your paypal credentials in the new version but you will be up to date across the board.
    Hi.

Yes agree to update but if you read this whole post you will see the problem is a PayPal issue. The current version still carries the same issue. I also note it appears to be a country specific issue!!

If you are experiencing this issue you will need to look at the PayPal terms carefully and decide if this is the right way forward for you. This fix does invalidate your Sellers Protection and your PayPal payments received will also carry this warning.

Plugin Contributions

Don't know why, but this issue has recently started to cause us problems. A UK customer can (either deliberately or accidentally) select a UK address for free shipping on the website, go to Paypal and change it to Timbuktu and hey presto that's the delivery address generated on the website order page at no extra shipping cost - that is until we either void the order or ask for more money. That new delivery address is also added automatically to his address book on the website. Reading through the thread it's clear no action is going to be taken any time soon to address this European bug, and it certainly is a bug. We applied the patch mentioned previoulsy (not even a patch really, just change one php file) and it worked a treat on V1.55. Customer now goes to Paypal, it's a much simplified page with no mention of delivery addresses, pays his money and then back to the website.

Plugin Contributions

Just adding to this thread, although not an answer to the problem. I have the same issue in that Paypal doesn't keep the Billing address and shipping address separate and only one address is used meaning it is that address that is sent back to Zen Cart. Ideally a customer should fill in their billing address to process the payment which is the same address on their Credit/Debit Card statement, and be given the option to supply a different shipping address if required shipping address. This does happen on other payment processing systems, apart from paypal which doesn't understand how to deal with the two addresses. That is definitely not a Zen Cart issue and as Dr Byte rightly says, it is a Paypal issue. The Zen Cart system for paypal will be following Paypal's rules and if they are the rules, thats what we have to work with. I doubt anyone on here will be able to change that unless they have a few million to spare to bribe the man at the top of Paypal. I don't know what the answer is, it does seem silly that Paypal can't deal with something like that. But I suspect there could be coding reasons why it hasn't been implemented into the Paypal system. It's true that you would have to ask Paypal and I doubt anybody would be able to give you a reliable straight answer either by email or on the phone. Maybe a way to deal with this would be to have the shipping address sent in a different email for the order number when the customer hits the button to go to paypal with an alert to say to the shop owner 'Please wait for payment before shipping'. That may get around the issue, but then I don't know as I do not know if it would be reliable enough.

I can see the frustration of people in this thread, as I feel frustrated too that Paypal does not do this. But that's the way the Cookie Crumbles and I fully support what Dr Byte has said by saying 'ask paypal'. In other words, when calling Paypal about this issue, talk to the wall.
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast