Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal express not sending order details in 1.3.9h, logs show them being sent?

I search pretty throughly and all the topics I found on this sort of problem occurred with 1.3.9d or earlier and most were solved by an upgrade. I'm using a new install of 1.3.9h and I seem to have the problem. I ran test purchases through Paypal express by going into express right away and through an account login then through the checkout until I get to Paypal express at the end. After trying both checkout methods when I log into Paypal and to try to ship the items there is only the amount and address, the item name, quantity, weight and so on all have a ? next to them. (note: they are different Paypal accounts) I've set the Paypal module to logging mode and went through a new checkout. Then I looked at the logs and they show all the information being sent: the item quantity, Item name, shipping weight, and any other options like signature confirmation. This problem has existed since I installed Zen Cart and I haven't messed with the Paypal files or anything related to payment. Not sure if this information is relevant but:
    Server Host: gator1475.hostgator.com (184.173.198.18)
    Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.38.7
    Database: MySQL 5.1.52
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.8r DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
    PHP Version: 5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    PHP Memory Limit: 64M
    PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On
    Max Size: 64M
    POST Max Size: 64M
    Database Data Size: 449 kB Database Index Size: 433 kB

The only modifications I've made were installing two custom themes, one I made myself from the tutorial and one premade one I'm using now.
    I also just noticed that Paypal shows the total amount including shipping and tax, in the shipping and tax fields it shows 0.00.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
    -Ben

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express not sending order details in 1.3.9h, logs show them being sent?

Are your prices all ending in just 2 decimal places?
    Or do you have sales/specials which are causing prices to work out to more than 2 decimal places? Or maybe your tax setup is forcing more than 2 decimals on prices? If so, there could be calculation problems causing that. I can't tell without seeing the logs.

A significant number of changes were made in the code for the v1.5.0 BETA release now available for testing. It would be helpful to know whether your same store setup manifests the same problem using the v1.5.0BETA code.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express not sending order details in 1.3.9h, logs show them being sent?

There are not any pricing anomalies that I think would cause that. All the prices are whole numbers and end in 00. There are no sales or specials, or anything like that. The tax is 6% so that shouldn't cause any problems. If you want I can put the logs somewhere and give you a link, any suggestions where on my site? I'm a little hesitant to try a beta but if there is an easy way to downgrade to the stable and there aren't any other large problems currently known then I would be up for it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, zip up the logs and put the zip file someplace where I can download it, and PM me with the link.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your products, taxes, and shipping add up to $2.12 but the amount being submitted is $3.83. So, since that math doesn't work, it's skipping sending the details lest PayPal reject the invalid math.

You'll need to figure out where the $1.71 difference is coming from. Some sort of extra addon perhaps? Something adding extra charges? Something calculating taxes or shipping differently?

Plugin Contributions

2.00 is the item cost and .12 is the tax cost. 1.71 is the shipping cost. Shipping is calculated by the USPS shipping module with no handling fees or anything. Could that be caused by something in the shipping configuration. I don't think I changed many options, only a few in the Zencart control panel. Do you think this could also explain the why the order details aren't showing in paypal even though they appear in the logs as being sent? I could send you the shipping and paypal config files if that would help or just try the defaults.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by scianiac View Post
    Do you think this could also explain the why the order details aren't showing in paypal even though they appear in the logs as being sent?
    Not sure what you mean by "also". But, yes, as I said, the mismatch is triggering a safety that prevents the details from being submitted to PayPal where they would be rejected because the math doesn't add up.
    The final purchase amount is still sent, since that's the most important component. All the actual purchase details are in your store, in your store receipt, and in the order-confirmation emails sent by your store.
    Quote Originally Posted by scianiac View Post
    I could send you the shipping and paypal config files if that would help or just try the defaults.
    Not sure what config files you're talking about.

Plugin Contributions

Ah OK I see now. I'm still really new to this stuff so I assumed there is some file somewhere that contains all the shipping config and someone somewhere else with the paypal config. So what would you suggest I do now? I can't really think of anything to change in the payment and shipping. I tried changing the shipping to none taxable because I was out of ides but that didn't change anything.

Thanks
    -Ben

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In a situation like this, I need to recreate your exact scenario on a clean copy on my own site. Otherwise it's near impossible to guess what exactly is causing your problem.
    Can you give me a step-by-step of what I need to do to recreate the problem on a fresh clean empty install of Zen Cart?

While you're doing that, it would be helpful to attempt to recreate it on a copy of v1.5BETA, perhaps installed in a separate folder+database on your server, to see whether the same symptoms exist in that version. If it's already fixed there, then at least that narrows things down somewhat.

Plugin Contributions

I'll give the beta install a try but I'm still new to all of this so no promises.

OK I guess I'll just give you as much information as possible.
    - It happens in any checkout method, as if you go to paypal at any point in the process through the several paypal buttons.
    - Zencart was installed by the host gator install feature
    - The paypal express setup was done following http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=15
    - The USPS module was setup according to https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=327
    - The item weight is 0.0625lbs
    - Paypal settings
    Enable this Payment Module
    True

Sort order of display.

Payment Zone
    --none--

Express Checkout Shortcut Button
    On

Set Order Status
    Processing [2]

Set Unpaid Order Status
    Pending [1]

Set Refund Order Status
    Pending [1]

Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address
    No

Express Checkout: Select Cheapest Shipping Automatically
    Yes

Express Checkout: Skip Payment Page
    No

Express Checkout: Automatic Account Creation
    Yes

Payment Action
    Final Sale

Transaction Currency
    Only USD

PayPal Page Style
    Primary

API Signature -- Username

API Signature -- Password

API Signature -- Signature Code

PayPal Mode
    PayPal

Live or Sandbox
    live

Debug Mode
    Log File

- USPS settings
    Enable USPS Shipping
    True

Enter the USPS Web Tools User ID

Which server to use
    production

Handling Fee

Handling Per Order or Per Box
    Order

Tax Class
    --none--

Tax Basis
    Shipping

Shipping Zone
    --none--

Sort Order

All Packages are Machinable
    False

USPS Options
    Display weight, Display transit time

Domestic Shipping Methods
    EXPRESS, PRIORITY, FIRST CLASS, PARCEL

International Shipping Methods
    --none--

Debug Mode
    Off
    -The only other shipping system enabled is free shipping that I use for one item
    - the only other payment method is Zen Cart free charge card
    - I did just notice that the Discount coupon module was installed so I tried uninstalling it but problem persists.
    - after I just uninstalled the above the only order total modules are Sub-total, Tax, and Total with their default values of 100, 300, and 999
    - Only one tax class and it is CT 6%
    - In the order invoices it only shows the total and tax, it doesn't list the shipping anywhere
    - The shipping is also never listed in any of the total screens throughout checkout, only in the estimate and then the shipping type is listed at the end but not the cost.
    - this is interesting, in the customer info it says this:
    Account Created: 08/04/2011

Last Modified:

Last Logon: 08/16/2011

Number of Logons: 6

GV Balance $0.00

Number of Orders: 5
    Last Order: 08/16/2011
    Total: $3.83

Number of Reviews: 0

Customer Referral
    1st Discount Coupon (what does this mean???)

Hope this information helps, I can provide any other details you need I'm just not sure what else.

Thank you again for all your help
    -Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast