Plugin Contributions

Default My Paypal IPN and Express NOT WORKING after Paypal Expansion

Since the paypal 'expansion' neither the IPN nor express checkout modules are working correctly. When you submit the order, it does go to paypal, you log in, confirm the sale, etc., but when you hit submit it takes you right back to the zencart shopping cart and the item is still in the cart. Except that the payment DOES go through. So this is going to really confuse customer who may keep trying and wind up processing several payments. I read elsewhere that zencart should not be effected by the expansion but I am finding that not to be true. Any help would be appreciated.

paypal expansion info: https://www.x.com/content/ip-address...aypal-services

Database Patch Level: 1.3.8
    PHP Version: 5.2.6 (Zend: 2.2.0
    Database: MySQL 5.0.45

PayPal Express Checkout (rev1.3.8a)
    ayPal IPN (Basic PayPal service) - @version $Id: paypal.php 7508 2007-11-28 17:05:16Z drbyte $
    Give us your best shot!
    http://www.photoimprints.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN and Express NOT WORKING after Paypal Expansion

You are using 1.3.8? You need to upgrade ASAP!!!
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I know I need to upgrade, but unless upgrading is pertinent to the issue please do not respond with just that.
    Thank you
    Give us your best shot!

Plugin Contributions

There have been numerous updates to the PayPal files. You need to upgrade.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Upgrading the core is going to be a huge project due to the many modified contrib files. Right now I need to get my paypal working again. Can anyone tell me, based on my configuration, whether I MUST upgrade to resolve the paypal issue? I know I am not the only one still on 1.3.8 and even earlier. Telling me "you need to upgrade" is not specific information about the nature of the problem as it relates to the changes paypal is making.
    Thank you.
    Give us your best shot!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

On a strictly technical level there is nothing in ZC that Would cause those changes on pay pal's side to hurt the Zen Cart software.

If the problem is really and truly a direct result of PayPals change, then you can't fix your Problems by doing anything in ZC unless you've altered the core code to create specific direct dependencies.

So, the symptoms you describe must be caused by something else. Either a hosting/firewall problem (which is what PayPal's article is written towards) or a completely different thing.

Notwithstanding v139 has been out for a very long time. If you keep putting off the upgrade you're just setting yourself up to be hacked.

And, indeed, as has been pointed out already, your current problems might actually be a direct result of using old software and getting hacked. Have you even checked?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Paypal IPN and Express NOT WORKING after Paypal Expansion

I don't think it is a hack problem. Other methods of payment, including Paypal Website Payments are working fine. Thanks for your comments. I know I need to upgrade. :) I also know that this symptom did not appear until the paypal change started. I think we will start to see some chatter about this from others soon.
    Give us your best shot!

Plugin Contributions

Are you using *both* the PayPal Standard (IPN) and the Express modules?

Plugin Contributions

Yes I am using express and IPN and actually a third, website payment pro which is still working as it does not require going to the paypal site. All three worked fine until sometime in the last few days.
    Thank you
    Give us your best shot!

Plugin Contributions

... interesting - Try uninstalling the IPN module - you don't need it with the Express module.