Plugin Contributions

Default "Some" customers can't login

First things first: customers are logging in, and purchasing from our store. That said, more than a few customers have emailed me recently unable to login, and when they send me their details, I can login as them, just fine.

This lead me to turn off "recreate sessions", which seemed to fix the problem. Then I found out how bad it can potentially be to turn that off, and immediately turned it back on.

So, I would appreciate any help in locating the issue. Do I need to upgrade Zen Cart (haven't in awhile)? Is it something else? I'm really clueless as to where to begin, and I hate the idea of losing customers. Thank you in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Some" customers can't login

It's difficult to diagnose an intermittent problem, but if you aren't using the latest (1.3.9h) Zencart version, upgrading should be your first troubleshooting step.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you; I will start there.

Plugin Contributions

1) Find out what browser/operating system etc they are all using, see if there is a commonality there (I think there was an issue with Chrome a while back)
    2) Do you have a link to your site, and have you tried logging in using various browsers
    3) What exactly is the error they are getting? there is normally some sort of message either a timeout or ssl error or divide by cucumber
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevemax View Post
    This lead me to turn off "recreate sessions", which seemed to fix the problem. Then I found out how bad it can potentially be to turn that off, and immediately turned it back on.
    Try this:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=82

I've found this has solved this issue on several sites. No guarantee that it'll solve it for you, because as mentioned by others, it could be browser related.

Also I *think* this code does its thing by reading the cache path from the configure files and inserting it into the database, so if the configure files have an incorrect cache path to start with then the database copy will also be incorrect.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this though, so stay tuned...

Cheers
    Rod