Plugin Contributions

Default CSS Exclude for home page?

Hi everyone I'm working on a new site and I'm having some layout problems with the home page. My supplier has created a quick reference guide for all of their parts which is great! It is all html coding so I dropped it in using the define pages editor. The problem is that some of the formatting is not displaying properly and I'm assuming that is because CSS is reformatting some things. For example many links are supposed to be underlined and they are not. Also there are additional spaces added in once it gets into Zen-Cart and that makes the whole listing much longer and less user friendly.

The web address (minus the spaces!):

http://www.p a i n t s p r a y e r p a r t s . c o m

Keep in mind all the links are currently broken since we haven't set them up yet.

Does anyone have a good method of excluding this information from the CSS so that the formatting listed in the html code will display properly?

I appreciate any suggestions you can offer and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Fresh Zen Cart Install of 1.3.9h
    Only two mods installed - EZ Populate ver 1.2.5.4 and SEO Url what ever the latest version is.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CSS Exclude for home page?

You appear to have pasted that content from a Front Page document, so all the inline styling is still there and is overriding the stylesheets.

You can use the Define Pages Editor to create the content, or paste it into define_main_page as plain text and style it in the stylesheet, but pasting stuff into Zencart (or any PHP driven software) from any WYSIWYG editor almost never works.

Plugin Contributions

hmm... I hadn't realized that. I'll have to see if they have an alternate method of displaying the information. I had thought there might be an easy way to just have this information ignore the CSS so that all of the in line formatting would be the only thing displayed.

I apprecaite your help and thank you for the quick response.

Plugin Contributions

Also, your content contains a <head> tag which Zencart has already established. Removing that might be a start.

Also, we don't know what you expected it to look like, so we don't see the problem (which links are supposed to be underlined, etc.).

Plugin Contributions

I've been able to modify the CSS to underline the links and make some other changes so that it more closely resembles the original intent.

Unfortunately the original file is over the forum attachment size limit so I'm unable to let you look at the original file. At this point however the formatting is very close with the exception of a little extra spacing between listings. It looks like something with the way the tables are being displayed so I'll have to look into that but then I should be ok to move forward and begin loading product and correcting links.

Again thank you for your help.