Plugin Contributions

Default sorting customers by country

Hi,

I'm currently shipping only to my home country (Ireland) but wish to expand into the rest of europe very soon. I've had a lot of customers attempting to purchase from other countries so I have their details in customer accounts, I'd like to be able to sort customers by country so I can start an email campaign to target customers from outside Ireland that have already shown an interest in purchasing from us. Is there anyway I can do this.

Thanks for any help.

Mick

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: sorting customers by country

I've exported the address book and think I can sort the information here, however instead of country name or iso code (as in IE for Ireland etc) the is an ID number, where can I find what countries these numbers relate to.

Thanks

Mick

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: sorting customers by country

Quote Originally Posted by mjpwall View Post
    instead of country name or iso code (as in IE for Ireland etc) the is an ID number, where can I find what countries these numbers relate to.
    There isn't a definitive list for this (it depends on what the data was when the table was created, along with any other changes made in the meantime).

The easiest way to find which ID currently matches which country is to use a tool such as phpMyadmin and view the 'countries' table in the zencart database.

Having implied that the data may change, I should add that it doesn't change often, and any default installation will be pretty consistent. It is just that you need to be aware that although ID#103 *probably* = Ireland = IE it doesn't *have* to be this way. Example, if you delete all countries, then optimise the table and add a single country "Ireland", then you can expect ID#0 = Ireland as it will be the first/only entry in the table.

Cheers
    Rod