Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot reset admin password

I have recently taken over a site for a new customer that is using Zen Cart. I am not very familiar with the product. The problem that i am having is that I cannot log into the admin portion of the site. I have followed all of the steps from this post http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...password+admin and still cannot log in as admin. I have been able to create a customer account, and I have run the SQL scripts for changing admin pw to Admin/admin. I have copied the pw hash from my new customer acct to the admin table and still cannot log in to the Admin account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot reset admin password

If it's telling you the password was rejected, then you've entered invalid username/password.
    If it's just refreshing the page without any error message, then you've got a sessions problem you'll need to fix.

Can't help you much more without details about your setup. Please click Reply below and answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The error message I get is "Error: Sorry, there is no match for that email address and/or password." but only when attempting to log in with an admin account. According to the version.php file I am using varsion 1.3.9. As I said earlier, I inherited this, and am not very familiar with Zen Cart (but it looks as though I will be getting familiar with it now) Thanks for your quick response.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, so that means you're actually not entering a valid username/password.

It could mean that your admin is pointing to a different database or table than where you did the SQL script reset.

Look in your /admin/includes/configure.php file for the DB_XXXXXXX settings.
    Make sure you're doing your reset in the same database as DB_DATABASE and the "admin" table prefixed by whatever DB_PREFIX is set to. Possibly "zen_admin" instead of just "admin", if DB_PREFIX is set to "zen_".

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok, a little more information on what I have tried. I have tried running the sql script to create the admin user account and have tried logging in with Admin/admin...No Go
    I tried resetting the table and creating the Admin account again...No Go
    I have checked the configure.php file in both relevant directories and the connection details match exactly...No Go
    I tried creating a new user account and copying the hash for the known password on this account to the admin account in the DB...No Go
    I have renamed the .htaccess file to .htaccess_bak for the root and the admin directories...No Go
    I have tried the Forgot Password link to have the site email me a new password, I get the error "Error: The Email Address was not found in our records; please try again." ...No Go
    It appears as though the admin folder, or table in the DB are not accessible for some reason that i cannot seem to track down.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Okay, so that means you're actually not entering a valid username/password.

It could mean that your admin is pointing to a different database or table than where you did the SQL script reset.

Look in your /admin/includes/configure.php file for the DB_XXXXXXX settings.
    Make sure you're doing your reset in the same database as DB_DATABASE and the "admin" table prefixed by whatever DB_PREFIX is set to. Possibly "zen_admin" instead of just "admin", if DB_PREFIX is set to "zen_".
    I have done all of this. There were 2 unused DBs in the account, but I have since deleted these so there is only 1 DB. the prefix is zen_ and I have taken this into account when running the SQL scripts.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Do you *always* get the "sorry there was no match" error in EVERY case that you've tried that failed? Or only in "some" cases?

When did anyone last successfully login to the admin? Maybe this problem has existed for a long time with this particular site?

When you use the Forgot Password link, you need to supply an email address that matches the email address in the admin record in the database, else it'll give you the error message you quoted. There's no special hashing of the email address.

I'm guessing you're going to need to get down-and-dirty to figure out what's causing the code to not work the way it normally does out-of-the-box. http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Plugin Contributions

I only get it when trying to log in with an admin account, and with nonexistent customer accounts.
    I have no idea when the last time that someone logged in with admin successfully.
    I use an account I create in the database with the hash for the password that should match "admin" from the sql code supplied on the forum post I used earlier.
    That really sucks. I will look through the link and see if anything there applies. Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Just in case the forum post you were looking at contains invalid information, the official FAQ article should be considered more reliable:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=2

Plugin Contributions

that was the post that I originally started with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast