Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 10419 Express Checkout PayerID is missing / Confirm Your order going nowhere

Hey All,

I searched the forum this morning but couldn't find an answer specific to my problem so I apologize if this seems like a double post.

Lately we have not been receiving Paypal payments so it seemed as if there must be some issue going on. Up until this point we were running version 1.3.9a. So last night I decided to upgrade to 1.3.9h in an effort to catch up to any updates Paypal itself may have made that could be causes glitches in our outdated version of the Zen software.

I did a new installation into a separate folder with a new database just to make sure things got up and running. Once up and running changed my folder name to what I currently use and renamed my 1.3.9a to "oldcart", I updated configure files to use my 1.3.9a database. Just including this information so you know the process I went through.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled the Paypal Express Module as well as my Credit Card module. Now we're still having issues with Paypal payments. If you login as a customer with an account and take the transaction to Step One sometimes you get the message "10419 Express Checkout PayerID is missing." Other times the process gets to Step Three and when you hit "Confirm the Order" the site goes nowhere!

In the other case when I click "check out with Paypal" to use the Express from the "Your Shopping Cart Contents" page nothing happens.

Is this an issue with my ipn_handler? Any helpful advice would be much welcome because I'm totally stumped.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 10419 Express Checkout PayerID is missing / Confirm Your order going nowhere

if anyone needs the site address for help here it is:
    www . frontstreetny . com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 10419 Express Checkout PayerID is missing / Confirm Your order going nowhere

...Also on a sidenote my column/row stopped working with the update. I currently have column selected but both produce the same option. So weird...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What addons have you installed?
    What PHP version is your server using?
    In what way are any of your live store's PHP files different from the original Zen Cart files?
    What's in the /cache/myDebug-xxxxx.log files? ref: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Some info from the version section:

Database: MySQL 5.0.92-community
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.13
    PHP Version: 5.2.13 (Zend: 2.2.0)

As far as add ons go I don't think we really have any included, though if you tell me there's a specific section to find this info I'll let you know.

And since this recent upgrade/install the only PHP I've editted has been an updated version of my template - which is the header and footer files to remove the header and footer from the main page. Aside from that the only other file edited is the CSS I believe.

I just logged into my ftp and browsed over to the cache folder and didn't see any debug files?? Is that normal

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by xfourninetwox View Post
    10419 Express Checkout PayerID is missing.
    I've only ever seen this reported once before: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162630
    Other times the process gets to Step Three and when you hit "Confirm the Order" the site goes nowhere!
    If by "goes nowhere" you mean you get a blank page, then I would expect to see PHP errors recorded in the debug logs, which is why I pointed you to the tutorial article mentioned above.
    In the other case when I click "check out with Paypal" to use the Express from the "Your Shopping Cart Contents" page nothing happens.
    If by "nothing happens" you mean you get a blank page, see above.
    If the button just simply literally does nothing, then you've probably got a broken bunch of HTML on your page, since the button is clickable out-of-the-box.
    Is this an issue with my ipn_handler?
    Maybe. But without details of what exactly is happening, it's hard to tell.
    You could always make sure the file is complete and undamaged, as a starting point.
    I just logged into my ftp and browsed over to the cache folder and didn't see any debug files?? Is that normal
    If no PHP errors are being triggered, or if the folder isn't writable, then yes that's normal.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I've only ever seen this reported once before: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162630
    If by "goes nowhere" you mean you get a blank page, then I would expect to see PHP errors recorded in the debug logs, which is why I pointed you to the tutorial article mentioned above.
    If by "nothing happens" you mean you get a blank page, see above.
    If the button just simply literally does nothing, then you've probably got a broken bunch of HTML on your page, since the button is clickable out-of-the-box.
    Maybe. But without details of what exactly is happening, it's hard to tell.
    You could always make sure the file is complete and undamaged, as a starting point.
    If no PHP errors are being triggered, or if the folder isn't writable, then yes that's normal.
    What I mean by nothing happens is that the button doesn't advance the page. In Firefox and Safari the page status seems as if it's loading to somewhere then goes nowhere. I just added a target"_blank" to the paypal express img linked from "tpl_ec_button.php" and finally got a paypal page to open for the first time but haven't seen the sale all the way through. And with the confirm order button I mean the exact same thing. The browser's status loading rolls like it's going somewhere and goes nowhere.

I read that other page earlier today about the same thing happening and it didn't provide me with much info. I'm thinking maybe I have to contact Paypal and make sure everything is ok on their side because I can't understand what else it could be. I can't comprehend what could be causing all these issues especially because I assumed that upgrading with a fresh install of 1.3.9h would sort of clear out some of the old unused files that were possibly getting in the way of things.

I pretty much did a new install and then dropped in my template. Then switched my configure files to use my old database. Do you think this could be that I need a patch to upgrade my database or something??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, it might be something in your database. Best to rule it out:
    Have you tested with an empty database, adding a single test product and configuring PayPal EC, and going through checkout?

Plugin Contributions

I will try that in a minute and see if that is the case... I have no idea why that would be the case but it's worth a shot. I'll report back shortly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Yes, it might be something in your database. Best to rule it out:
    Have you tested with an empty database, adding a single test product and configuring PayPal EC, and going through checkout?
    OK So I loaded up the blank database, included a test product and was able to complete a paypal transaction. HOWEVER before I did so I went directly to our cart WITHOUT the use of our frames. (We have our navigation system set up through a single frame on top which sends all requests to a content frame on the bottom) Without the frames I was able to complete a transaction with the 1.3.9a database. Remember earlier how I set up to have clicking the Express Checkout open in a new window? For some reason that seems to be working.

Is it at all possible that having frames would be interfering in any way? Or is it that the process is happening in the frame below but taking longer than usual so it's not showing in the browser's status menu? Please visit frontstreetny.com to understand what I mean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast