Plugin Contributions

Default Some downloads in an order not showing up while others are..

Using Zen Cart 1.3.8a on a site that is strictly downloadable products and using only paypal as a payment option. Hosted by Hostgator.

Within the last month, I have been receiving orders with let's say 5 products ordered...only 4 of the downloads are available...one download isn't showing up with a download button even though it is paid for and paypal acknowledges 5 items in the cart.

Today, I switched to the Paypal Express Checkout thinking that this was a Hostgator/Zen/Paypal issue, but still experiencing this problem. Some orders are fine...others are not.

These are files that have been on my site since 2009....nothing has changed, all are showing nice green dots. The next order pops up and it works fine...no rhyme or reason as to which files this is going to happen with and it doesn't happen with all orders.

Hostgator, of course, says no changes have been made. I have not upgraded nor have I added any 3rd party add-ons since I built the site last winter.

Please help...I am getting hit with chargebacks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some downloads in an order not showing up while others are..

Several things:

a) You're using an obsolete version of Zen Cart that's got several known security vulnerabilities. It's very possible that sudden changes or breaks in normal functionality could be a result of malicious damage done to your site.
    See: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ing_From_Hacks and do a *thorough* inspection until you can prove that you've not actually been hacked. Assume you have until you've proven otherwise.

b) Do this alleged "missing downloads" manifest as "missing products"? or merely as "missing files"? Can you see the allegedly-missing file in the order when viewing that order from your admin screen? What happens if you use the download-reset?

c) Are these alleged "missing downloads" always on the SAME product? If so, supply a URL to it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Great...hack....sure hope not.

Not missing files...files are there. They are missing products. They don't show up in the customer's account so they can download.

No...not always the same product. These are products that have been on my site for two years...some newer...always random. The same file may have been fine for a previous customer.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is there any pattern to the "missing" items? ie: marked as free, or added to cart after a free item was added, or certain coupons used or promotional addons for extra perks etc?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sometimes a free product is included, but it doesn't seem to affect just those orders that have a free product in the cart.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If things were working fine and then "suddenly" stopped working, that generally suggests that something's been tampered with.
    Need to rule that out first before doing anything else.

Plugin Contributions

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to upgrading and that sort of thing. If I were to do a fresh install in a different directory could the database be restored to that new directory or is it the database that has possibly been tampered with? I have thousands of products and hundreds of customers along with several vendors, so I hate to have to start from scratch.

Is it possible because of the traffic, bandwidth and file sizes that Host Gator who offers all those "unlimiteds" be throttling my site down? It's almost as if things aren't communicating properly.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Deal with upgrading after you've first inspected your site for extra files and any tampering with normal files.