Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Editing my shopping cart page - how, if I can't find the "page"?

Hi there.

Uploaded everything to my server, and I can successfully access my Zen homepage with no errors. I can get to my shopping cart page, the url is:

/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart

but can't find anything to edit in the Zen folder on my server.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Editing my shopping cart page - how, if I can't find the "page"?

Exactly what are you wanting to change?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure I know how to answer that. I want to set up the page.

Where can I find it?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jasong1968 View Post
    Not sure I know how to answer that. I want to set up the page.

Where can I find it?
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=139

Plugin Contributions

And you seem to be under the impression that there is a "page" file somewhere that holds everything, and that you can just open and edit.
    That's not the way Zen Cart or any dynamic e-commerce platform works; there are many PHP files that process various bits of information depending on what the viewer has requested, and they work together to assemble the page's HTML output. Once the viewer clicks onto another page, the output vanishes and is replaced by the new assembled page. These pages exist nowhere but in the viewer's browser.

Plugin Contributions

Ok - gjh42 - I understand now,

Rod, ty for the link.

Unfortunately, that link doesn't tell me all that much. Is there somewhere I can find a tutorial on precisely what to do?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jasong1968 View Post
    Ok - gjh42 - I understand now,

Rod, ty for the link.

Unfortunately, that link doesn't tell me all that much. Is there somewhere I can find a tutorial on precisely what to do?

Thank you.
    Yes, but first, you need to answer Kim's question in reply#2

I'm done.

Plugin Contributions

The tutorial gives many steps for "setting up" a page or site. More specific advice requires more specific questions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Yes, but first, you need to answer Kim's question in reply#2

I'm done.
    "Im done" - that's not very nice. I already answered the Q in my reply. I want to set up my page. If I need to set up my page, that must mean that there is nothing to 'change' yet, right?

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    The tutorial gives many steps for "setting up" a page or site. More specific advice requires more specific questions.
    Sorry, i just looked again, but don't see anything.

I have already uploaded all of my files. I have already set the admin priv. I dont see anything else on that page. I have a basic html site, and want to point that site to the zen store, which, of course, is also part of my site. I am not looking for anyone to hold my hand here, but I just need to get started.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

I have a basic html site, and want to point that site to the zen store, which, of course, is also part of my site.
    There's a beginning of a specific question. Do you have Zen Cart installed in a subfolder like /zencart/ or /store/? Then you will need to make an HTML link from your HTML site into the Zen Cart homepage.That is very basic HTML practice which you can learn at a thousand places on the web if you don't know it already. The link should point to yoursite.com/store/ or whatever the path would be (we can't tell you that without seeing it).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast