Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question I Need Some Help Please

It has been awhile since i have posted a question as i try to find the answers in previous post but this question has to do with coding and i know nothing about it and i need help.
    I am building a website to sell Wicca and religious items. http://www.majikalpath.com/store
    I have a blog that is up and running.
    http://www.majikalpath.com
    What i want to do is to put pictures with links between the two sites so that people can go to the webstore while on the blog and people on the webstore can go to the blog.
    I do not know how to code the pictures to do this or how to make the headers in the side boxes of the pages to make this possible.
    I am using wordpress on the blog and Zencart on the webstore. Is there anyone who can help me with this issue ? I have looked in the other post but as i have said i do not know how to write code and i am new to all this . All help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I Need Some Help Please

This is basic HTML, which you can learn about at thousands of places on the web. You might want to install a Blank Sidebox from Free Addons; it has instructions for how to incorporate the code you want to use (but it cannot tell you what code to use).

Plugin Contributions

One option might be to embed Wordpress in Zencart, so the styling differences wouldn't be a problem, using these instructions:

http: //www.numinix.com/blog/2009/09/26/integrating-wordpress-into-zen-cart-1-3-8a/

This is not a process for the total beginner, but it isn't really difficult, and works well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    This is basic HTML, which you can learn about at thousands of places on the web. You might want to install a Blank Sidebox from Free Addons; it has instructions for how to incorporate the code you want to use (but it cannot tell you what code to use).
    I have added the side box on the webstore. But as i see it it is not HTML but must be done in PHP. I do not know how to write any code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    If you look on the rightside of the blog about midway down i have something there that wordpressed let me bring in but i am unable to get the picture to show up.... Also the link provided by you stevesh is not working...

Plugin Contributions

Wordpress is looking here for the image:

http://majikalpath/images/logo.gif

You'll need to add the .com part to the path.

The URL I provided works, but you'll have to remove the space after http:

Plugin Contributions

I have added the side box on the webstore. But as i see it it is not HTML but must be done in PHP.
    The files are PHP, but they can handle and output HTML code, as described in the module file.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you stevesh... that worked just have to do some resizing of picture to make it fir inside the border. Now to figure out how to do the same thing on webstore to link to blog.

Plugin Contributions

The best way to approach that, if you want the links in a sidebox, is to install the Blank Sidebox mod from Free Addons and insert the desired link code into it.

Plugin Contributions

gjh42, i have installed the blank side boxes. I just do not know how to insert the picture i want to use and write the code to make it link to the blog. That is what i am asking for help with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast