Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to make column grid show more than 1 column

Hello! My first thread. I have been searching the FAQ's for 3 hours to no avail. I have uploaded the Column Grid Layout and changed to "Column" and 3 columns per row. I am unable to find the solution. Here is a link to the site and the one page with products loaded:

http://www.cassstreetmusic.com/catal...=index&cPath=1

Thanks!
    Schinelli

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to make column grid show more than 1 column

That output could be caused by a missing mod version of /includes/templates/your_template/templates/tpl_modules_product_listing.php. The stock version is only able to handle row output, and outputs the elements with row-type formatting. Check your copy of that file.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. I checked and that is where I get confused. The help text for the Column Layout Grid v1.3.8 said to place the two files in folders that don't exist.

One is includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/product_listing.php, and the second is includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_product_listing.php

Therein lies the problem. In my includes/templates folder neither the "classic" or my custom "darkness" folders contain a sub-folder named "templates". And in my modules/ folder there is only a folder for "classic" and it contains an empty text file. Did the instructions imply I was to create folders to match those links?

The sad part is I have successfully installed the column grid layout on an identical site design. http://www.posterheaven.com

Plugin Contributions

One is includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/product_listing.php, and the second is includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_product_listing.php

YOUR_TEMPLATE needs to be replaced by the name of the template you are using and in your case it would be darkness if you don't have the necessary folder then you need to create one for the file needed for your mod.

Plugin Contributions

I am totally aware of that. There is no "Darkness" folder in the modules folder, and there is no "Templates" sub-folder in the templates/darkness folder.

I was smart enough to figure that much out, sorry I didn't make that more clear to you. There is no includes/modules/darkness/ folder and there is no includes/templates/darkness/templates/ folder. I will let you ftp in if you want to see exactly.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the responses.

I solved the problem by uploading the product_listing.php to the parent modules folder. I did not place it in the "classic" folder because I am not using that, and my template folder "darkness" does not exist in the modules folder. Hope that helps anyone who gets stuck.

The instructions say includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/product_listing.php, but it is actually includes/modules/product_listing.php

Thanks again for your help.

Plugin Contributions

/YOUR_TEMPLATE/ folders are a guide to what you need; if there is not already a folder of the proper name in that location, just create one. Anywhere there is a /classic/ folder, you can create a /darkness/ folder alongside it. And in /includes/templates/, you can make all of the same subfolders in your template folder as exist in the /template_default/ folder.

You should never put a modified file in a stock location like /includes/modules/product_listing.php; that file will be erased without a trace the next time you upgrade to a new version of Zen Cart. Save the mod file as /includes/modules/darkness/product_listing.php.

Plugin Contributions

And that my friend is why you need to create a folder for YOUR_TEMPLATE which is called darkness in order for you to follow the instructions in the add on...........

YOUR_TEMPLATE needs to be replaced by the name of the template you are using and in your case it would be darkness if you don't have the necessary folder then you need to create one for the file needed for your mod.
    If however you choose as you did to not use the template structure then do it any which way and then ask for help when it does not work

Plugin Contributions

@ gjh42 & usernamenone Thanks for your time and responses. I will create the folders.

The mod could afford to add a simple line that says you need to create the folders so folks like me wouldn't need to bother the community.

Thanks again...closing

Plugin Contributions

From the mod's readme file:
    In the instructions below, I assume that your Zen Cart home directory - where the root of the Zen Cart files is, represented by symbol ZEN_CART_HOME_DIR, and YOUR_TEMPLATE is to be replaced by the name of your customized template.
    You don't need to explicitly create any new folders; if you rename the mod folders as directed and FTP the whole /includes/ folder to your site, they will drop in exactly where they are needed.
    I agree that the instructions could be worded differently, and there are a few ways they could say the same thing.
    Last edited by gjh42; 12 Oct 2011 at 05:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast