Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to make column grid show more than 1 column

My template is "darkness". Can we agree that YOUR_TEMPLATE means "darkness" to me? If not you won't get what I am saying.

When it says to add the file to includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/product_listing.php, to me that means includes/modules/darkness/product_listing.php. Are we still on the same page?

The only template folder in the modules folder is "classic". That's not the template I am using. Therefore a folder for "darkness" MUST be created... or are you saying I should rename "classic" to "darkness"? Either way that is not clear in the instructions.

When it says to add to includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_product_listing.php that means includes/templates/darkness/templates/tpl_modules_product_listing.php to me. Hope you are still with me.

There is no templates folder within the darkness folder, so this folder also MUST be created to add the file. Another thing that would be smart to make more clear.

If I am still missing something I am sure you will let me know.

Plugin Contributions

I already said that the instructions could be worded differently, and perhaps clearer.
    You don't need to explicitly create any new folders, if you do the common module installation method of renaming /YOUR_TEMPLATE/ folders after unzipping the mod and then FTP the whole /includes/ folder structure (present in this mod as in all well-written mods) to the root of your store.

So the instructions gave a shorthand version of a more complicated installation method than the standard one. Obviously some people don't get that they should create a template folder if it doesn't already exist. It is impossible to spell out every single step in installation without writing a book which most people would then skip because it was too long. This one fact is probably deserving of a comment like
    and YOUR_TEMPLATE is to be replaced by the name of your customized template (create the folder if it doesn't already exist).
    Better yet, the instructions could be changed to recommend the bulk /includes/ upload, as this gives fewer chances for errors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ZSchinelli View Post
    My template is "darkness".

If I am still missing something I am sure you will let me know.
    Yes you are still missing something.......

The instructions of that add on is perfectly clear to someone that has the custom template concept fully understood.

You are missing the concept of the template system and how it works...... How to create a custom template and then how to add modifications to your website through that template system.

Read this and then the next time you make modification you may be able to understand them.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=142

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post

Better yet, the instructions could be changed to recommend the bulk /includes/ upload, as this gives fewer chances for errors.
    That would only work in you did not have any other modified files in that folder now or in the future...... Like I said there is nothing wrong with those instructions as hundreds if not thousands of people have read, understood and successfully installed that add on.

Plugin Contributions

Bulk folder structures can be safely uploaded whether or not the custom folder already exists or has other files in it. It is only if the custom folder already has another mod's copy of the particular file in it that there would be a problem. I note in all of my mod readme files that
    If you have any existing modifications to the files listed above, you will have to merge them with the version here. Some mods may be incompatible; if so, you will only be able to use one of them.

Plugin Contributions

Dear zenners,
    I am facing the same issue. I have uploaded the required patch and have put the files in required directories, but still not able to show my products in grid layout. You may visit http://shop.thecomicexpress.com/inde...index&cPath=28 for more clarity on the problem I'm facing. Please help.

Regards
    Kunal

Plugin Contributions

What do you have for admin > Configuration > Layout Settings > columns/rows and columns per row?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12