Plugin Contributions

Default Suddenly seeing "There was a security error when trying to login"

Hi All

My client is running 1.3.9H and it was working just fine till just yesterday he got "There was a security error when trying to login." on his admin login page.

Yes i know this has been posted before , i tired checking the default template,configuration file and still stump.

Any one has encounter this problem and whats the remedy? Any help is appreciated thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: There was a security error when trying to login into admin page

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and see if any of those solutions can work for you.

Plugin Contributions

hi dbltoe , thanks for the advice

I have checked all the below information
    - login and timeout templates (template for sky_blue has none of these files)
    - SSL setting (there isnt any ssl turned on)
    - browser cookie also cleared
    - all browser give me the same problem
    - Session.php has not been modified
    - www.acy.com.sg is the website

If you require any information let me know. Any help is appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Now that you've provided a teensy bit more of what the posting tips suggest.... we can at least look at the site.

You have problems all over the site. Not just the admin. Currency won't change, can't add to cart, etc.

You might want to give us all the answers to the posting tips. It could help us narrow down the suspects. It could be a mod or that you have the define(STORE_SESSIONS', '') set to db in the configure.php files. It could also be a mod or that your host has installed encryption.

We need more info.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Now that you've provided a teensy bit more of what the posting tips suggest.... we can at least look at the site.

You have problems all over the site. Not just the admin. Currency won't change, can't add to cart, etc.

You might want to give us all the answers to the posting tips. It could help us narrow down the suspects. It could be a mod or that you have the define(STORE_SESSIONS', '') set to db in the configure.php files. It could also be a mod or that your host has installed encryption.

We need more info.
    Thanks for noticing that its just used as a online catalog not as a online store , but currently i can't access the admin page so cant really edit anything right now.

Will PMS u the detail of the configure file.. how do i check if the host installed encryption?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Suddenly seeing "There was a security error when trying to login"

Okay, we may have a language problem here.

1. Your site is NOT a catalog or it WOULD NOT have any add to cart.
    2. IF it IS SUPPOSED to be catalog only, why would you need more than one currency. (That's the one that WILL NOT change.)
    3. You have NOT answered any of the items that are in the posting tips. (They should show up when you go to reply to this post.
    4. Unsolicited PMs are considered requests for consultation so an invoice for the minimum $100 fee is on the way. Seriously. No gain is made for the community if you start in the forum and take it to PM. AND, the information you sent was:
      1. Incomplete. The configure.php did not address the define('STORE_SESSIONS', ' ') question.
      2. Did not contain any other remotely useful information. http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/newthr...hread&f=13#top

5. Lastly, as to your question "How do i check if the host installed encryption?" Ask them.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Suddenly seeing "There was a security error when trying to login"

Hi dbltoe
    Just to close this case. I managed to convinced my host to change to another new server. And the problem was fixed! thanks again for your help