Plugin Contributions

Default Spacing of text links when click on subcategory

Not sure how to explain this. Link to site: www.mardiawebworks.com Zen Cart 1.3.9h, no addons except a blank sidebox. When clicking on Holiday Items your taken to a page of text links to categories of different holidays. There is way to much spacing between all the text links, as if there are images there when there are not. I tried using Firefox Firebug but honestly I get lost with it. It did show on the left side the html and it has transparent image (place holders, I guess) or I'm really not understanding. How do I fix this and get links all closer together and also not down so far? Thanks for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Spacing of text links when click on subcategory

go to admin >> configuration >> images and then set
    Subcategory Image Width & Subcategory Image Height to 1
    Believe it or not But My existence is illusional

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shortmop View Post
    Not sure how to explain this. Link to site: www.mardiawebworks.com Zen Cart 1.3.9h, no addons except a blank sidebox. When clicking on Holiday Items your taken to a page of text links to categories of different holidays. There is way to much spacing between all the text links, as if there are images there when there are not. I tried using Firefox Firebug but honestly I get lost with it. It did show on the left side the html and it has transparent image (place holders, I guess) or I'm really not understanding. How do I fix this and get links all closer together and also not down so far? Thanks for any help!
    These images are supposed to illustrate something about the category (Like a pumpkin for Halloween, Santa Claus for Christmas, etc.) and can be uploaded in admin at admin-> Catalog -> Categories/Products -> [pick a category and click the round icon with an "e" for edit]. Below the window for editing the category comments or description is a box labeled "Category Image:" That's where you can upload a replacement image

The pixel_trans.gif are simply placemarkers for your category images. Yours are sized 150 x 150 pixels. If you do not want any images you can either remove them or replace them with smaller transparent gifs.
    www.aspenshopsonline.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.wilkssupply.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.un-du.net - ZenCart 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

I understand what both of you are saying and Thank You Both for your help, it's greatly appreciated!! Options too in what to do.....gotta love it! Thanks again and wishing you both a great day!

Plugin Contributions

Another thing you could do is set Configuration > Images > Image Required ->set to false, and possibly Product Image - No Image Status ->set to 0 and Product Image - No Image picture ->set to blank.
    This will let missing images be ignored without substitution.

Plugin Contributions

gjh42.....thanks to you also!! Another option and I'm so happy that I understand all of the options given. I've learned a lot from reading these forums and appreciate all the help that I've found!!
    If I may ask another question that I forgot to ask earlier? With the same link: www.mardiawebworks.com when you click on All Products why is there so much white or blank space under the price and between the product description? Not that it looks bad but I wondered why it is that way....I'd think the product description ought to be in that space rather than below the image. I like having the line and spacing between the images though. Just wondering.

Plugin Contributions

That is because the all products listing uses a different template which always puts the description below the image and other elements. Everything else can be moved around in the display with admin settings, but not the description. I believe this is an example of "legacy code", very old code which has not been updated to new practices as other listings have.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the information about the All Products listing. It does look very neat as it is....I had just wondered if I had done anything wrong to get it that way. LOL Glad to know that is how it's currently suppose to be. Thanks for taking your time to respond.