Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The NEW Google Merchant Thread - Version 1.12.0

I have a problem in that all my images have spaces in the names.
    As an example "lf fairy dust.jpg"
    problem is that google reads it in the data feed as "lf+fairy+dust.jpg" insertiong + into each space.
    I have to manually search and replace each + to get the feed correct.
    Is there a way of getting google to ignore the +'s or do I have to manually adjust all my image names?
    www.candlewithcare.co.uk
    Luxury Scented
    Candles at great prices!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CandleMan View Post
    I have a problem in that all my images have spaces in the names.
    As an example "lf fairy dust.jpg"
    problem is that google reads it in the data feed as "lf+fairy+dust.jpg" insertiong + into each space.
    I have to manually search and replace each + to get the feed correct.
    Is there a way of getting google to ignore the +'s or do I have to manually adjust all my image names?
    That is a bug removed in most recent version - upgrade to 1.12.5

https://www.numinix.com/google-merchant-center-feeder

And then start substituting underscores or dashes for those blanks. Very bad practice to put in blanks.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pricediscrimination View Post
    Everything was working perfectly for a couple of days and now all the sudden it's not accepting any products and throwing up this error:

Google Checkout requires a quantity greater than zero
    Check your version - you definitely have a higher version that no longer includes that setting but I've not see a recent version that creates the problem you are talking about.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    Check your version - you definitely have a higher version that no longer includes that setting but I've not see a recent version that creates the problem you are talking about.
    Hi, it is 1.12.4

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    Actually I guess it was 1.12.5. Either way I unintalled it and reinstalled and still nothing. The XML shows nothing when clicking it in the Tools>Google Merchant Center Feeder>Download Link.

It was working just fine, now nothing.

Plugin Contributions

Actually I guess it was 1.12.5. Either way I unintalled it and reinstalled and still nothing. The XML shows nothing when clicking it in the Tools>Google Merchant Center Feeder>Download Link.

It was working just fine, now nothing.
    Update: tried turning "Enable Advanced XML Sanitization" on again and this time it worked. Google seems to have accepted all the products from the feed. Weird since it was on before and didn't work.

What does Enable Advanced XML Sanitization do? Why was it able to work for all this time without it but all the sudden it needs it?

Plugin Contributions

@pricediscrimination

Google Checkout requires a quantity greater than zero

Google merchant retired the "quantity" tag so the generated feed no longer adds it.

Google Checkout, however, is still requiring it. Assuming you have Google Checkout enabled and integrated in your Google account, none of your items will get listed that are missing the quantity tag:

<g:quantity>xx</g:quantity>

You'll have to add them manually for the time being. I use search and replace and add the same quantity for all my items and google lists them.

BTW, version 1.12.5 removed the "quantity" radio button. But, it doesn't make a difference for solving this problem. It's not a bug.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RescoCCC View Post
    Are you talking about the additional images when you view the product in merchant center? If so, don't worry about it. None of mine have ever worked. As long as your primary image is there, it's fine.
    I too am having the same issue. Although, like the quote, I don't think it is anything to wory about but Google are asking that additional images should be uploaded if they are available.

I have found out why they are not showing but am not clever enough to re-code the solution.

I have shown below, one of our products with additional images. As you may notice, the main image is stored in the images/products folder. but the code is taking the additional image from the basic image folder. I can confirm that all my additional images are stored together in the images/products folder with the main image. I don't beleive it makes no difference in my case but I am using IH3 and google config is set to use it.

<g:image_link>http://www.our_store/catalog/images/products/main_image.jpg</g:image_link>
    <g:additional_image_link>http://www.our_store/catalog/images/additional_image_01.jpg</g:additional_image_link>
    <g:additional_image_link>http://www.our_store/catalog/images/additional_image_02.jpg</g:additional_image_link>
    <g:additional_image_link>http://www.our_store/catalog/images/additional_image_03.jpg</g:additional_image_link>

Perhaps someone with loads more intelligence can have a look at it.

Plugin Contributions

Update: tried turning "Enable Advanced XML Sanitization" on again and this time it worked. Google seems to have accepted all the products from the feed. Weird since it was on before and didn't work.

What does Enable Advanced XML Sanitization do? Why was it able to work for all this time without it but all the sudden it needs it?
    That removes things that prevent the creation of the xml file. Numinix recommends converting the database to UT8 which supposedly fixes most of that. Most folks don't want to spend the time doing that so I always just turn on the Sanitization which takes care of most problems on most websites.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by honda-crunch View Post
    I too am having the same issue. Although, like the quote, I don't think it is anything to wory about but Google are asking that additional images should be uploaded if they are available.

I have found out why they are not showing but am not clever enough to re-code the solution.

I have shown below, one of our products with additional images. As you may notice, the main image is stored in the images/products folder. but the code is taking the additional image from the basic image folder. I can confirm that all my additional images are stored together in the images/products folder with the main image. I don't beleive it makes no difference in my case but I am using IH3 and google config is set to use it.

<g:image_link>http://www.our_store/catalog/images/products/main_image.jpg</g:image_link>
    <g:additional_image_link>http://www.our_store/catalog/images/additional_image_01.jpg</g:additional_image_link>
    <g:additional_image_link>http://www.our_store/catalog/images/additional_image_02.jpg</g:additional_image_link>
    <g:additional_image_link>http://www.our_store/catalog/images/additional_image_03.jpg</g:additional_image_link>

Perhaps someone with loads more intelligence can have a look at it.
    I've never turned on the switch for Image handler because I prefer permanent links in case the image handler gets turned off or the mod gets overwritten. That way you have no problems with image links ever. I don't know if that's the case with the additional images but I expect so.

Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast